FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone poat a close up photo of the front and back of an FN PS90 50 round mag?

I purchased a couple of 50 round mags from an online site. I won't say which one just yet. They were advertised as new FN mags, but when they arrived today they were loose. I had assumed they would be in the official FN boxes.

Another thing that bothers me, is that I purchased them from a different company all together. The websit I used subbed out the sale. The packing slip said bill to the website I purchased from and ship to me. Now I am thinking maybe these are aftermarket. The "design" on the back of the mag does not match that of the mag that came with my PS90.

I am am very new to the PS90 platform and just want to make sure I did not get taken.

·
Premium Member
21,737 Posts
Photos would help.

Reactions: SAVAGEJIM

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Don't know why but FNH mags don't come in boxes any more! Few month ago bought some and did not have a box also got 1 free from FNH same time also no box!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Don't know why but FNH mags don't come in boxes any more! Few month ago bought some and did not have a box also got 1 free from FNH same time also no box!
I looked at my LGS last weekend, they had the 50 rd mags in the blue and white FN box. The price was way to high, so I passed.

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Maybe they were older ones which have not sold due to high prices! Just remembered when I was looking to buy some 4 months ago some places did list that theirs did not come with a box !

·
Registered
228 Posts
I bet you got them from that company with "ammo" in the name, didn't you? I ordered like 10 of them last year and when they arrived loose I was concerned as well. I called and spoke to the owner of the company who assured me they were FN factory mags. He purchased 10,000 of them in bulk from FN without the retail packaging, and that is why he got them so cheap (and sells them so cheap as well). They have the dials molded into them (which the non FN ones dont) which tell you manufacture date.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
My box-less FNH replacement i got 4 months ago, did have the dial molded in. Have never seen any FNH mag without that!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I bet you got them from that company with "ammo" in the name, didn't you? I ordered like 10 of them last year and when they arrived loose I was concerned as well. I called and spoke to the owner of the company who assured me they were FN factory mags. He purchased 10,000 of them in bulk from FN without the retail packaging, and that is why he got them so cheap (and sells them so cheap as well). They have the dials molded into them (which the non FN ones dont) which tell you manufacture date.

ImFromTheGvt, or should I say Ronald? Thank you for posting a response. Nope, the name did not have "ammo" in the name. Here are some pictures of the clips I purchased. I would appreciate if someone could authenticate them as FN and not aftermarket.

Thank you in advance for your reply. DSC_0415.JPG DSC_0416.JPG

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Jhs27275,

Yes I did say they matched. I was able to finally upload my pictures and just wanted to be sure. We all dislike when an online purchase does not meet our expedtations. My expectations were that the mags would ship in official FN blue and white boxes. Just wanted to be sure.

if your are ever in NE PA, send me a PM so I can buy you a beer. As Obama says, we all cling to our Bibles and our guns.

·
Registered
115 Posts
This is very good to know. I just purchased and a second PS90 and it came with 7 mags. 4 mags are AR57 mags and 2 are the factory mags and the thhird is the newer stlye mag. I was confused when I saw it as well. Thought it looked factory but just that weird difference. Learning so much on this site!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts