FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 8 year old son loves his "halo gun" and is a good shot as well. Easy to shoot, low recoil, no brass in the face, and easy to control. The perfect gun for kids.

Anyone else with similar experiences?

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Looks like he is having fun - 1 thing, though - I would rest the bottom of the stock on the back - it isn't good for the gun to do that with the barrel - as the PS90 barrel moves a tiny bit while firing, and that will put undue pressure on the receiver and barrel.

Those slings that attach to the barrel aren't that great either - but they are "okay" as long as you don't put weight on the barrel while firing (give the sling slack while shooting) - same concept. For the PS90 - pressure on the barrel = bad.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good point! BTW, you can see one of those new EOTECH stickers on the side of the it. It seems to be well made and stays on.

In another post, Ship was mentioning about wanting to see a PS90 done in tan. It got me thinking about making a sleeve to fit over the PS90. Something in nylon and has Velcro to close it off around the trigger area, etc. Has anyone thought about something like that? It would have to be made so that it didn't interfere with the operation of the weapon. It would also protect the finish.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Yea, I could see that sticker on there that U prev told us about.

It seems that at 50 yards, depending on the wind blowing on a particular day (or no wind on one trip when there was a heavy wind the trip before) - I always have to make slight adjustments on my eotech on every trip, or every other trip. Nothing major, but just a little.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Can't comment on the kids yet, but my wife laid claim to the first PS90 I brought home. She is small and petite and loves the way the gun fits and feels. She went from an M1 Carbine as her house gun to the PS90. Now she took away the first 100 round mag I built too and I got a case of 5.7 ammo missing ......

·
Registered
127 Posts
I agree.

My son is on the small side and really enjoys shooting the PS90.

I brought him a Maddi AKM (semi of course :D ) and he did not like it. And he did not like my Colt AR15 or M-1 carbine.

Once he shot the PS90, he really enjoys it. He does have some problems with the white ring sight, so I set it up with a black ring sight (thanks Wil :? ) and green laser (thanks Ship :?).

He has "claimed" it as his gun.

Thanks,

Hoover

·
Vendor
5,657 Posts
Can't comment on the kids yet, but my wife laid claim to the first PS90 I brought home. She is small and petite and loves the way the gun fits and feels. She went from an M1 Carbine as her house gun to the PS90. Now she took away the first 100 round mag I built too and I got a case of 5.7 ammo missing ......

You are sooooooo lucky to have a wife like that. A wife that likes to shoot. :? :shock: :-x

1 - 8 of 8 Posts