FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen the internal laser from promoted pawn, but other than that all the other ps90's i see have them mounted on a side rail, i do understand it is a pdwccs (persoanl defesne weapon coke can shooter) yes mine will never point at anything living (zombies are dead technically if they invade) but does someone make a rail or something to mount the laser under the barrel shroud, yes i know the shroud has play, but i figured a few strategically placed metal shim job on the flat part where it meets the frame would take most of it out, that way the laser would still be on target just high and low at the other than zero out posistion, but wouldnt a side mounted laser be way out since it is moving horizontally to the path of the bullet resulting in a complete miss instead of just a high or low hit, has anyone tried one of those multi rail barrel mounts they make for ar-15s that just bolt onto the sleeve so it can be in line with the bore? would that even be feasible, definitley a wescog, but hate coyote'n a purdy lil 90 like that.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
I think 2 seperate people have made their own rails that do that. 1 talked about possibly making something to sell - but I have never seen anything else said on that (I think there wasn't enough interest).

Be aware that no matter where U put a laser - you zero it for a specific distance (even on a handgun). Anything closer or further than that distance - and it is either too high or too low. The added problem of putting a laser on a siderail is that you not only have the low and high problem. You also add left and right to it when you use it for any distance other than the distance you sighted it at.

I set my laser for 7 yards - a typical household/indoor distance where I wouldn't have to bring the gun up to my face to use the sight.

·
Banned
328 Posts
I would be wary of putting any shim or other device on to limit barrel movement. That free play may be by design.

·
Vendor
5,652 Posts
Yep. The barrel must be able to rotate and it moves backward a few Millimeters to allow a fraction more time to allow the gas to decrease to a safe level. :?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Theres always stuff like....http://www.mfiap.com/smallarms/barrel-mount-single.htm

And of course the best way to zero a laser to the rifle is to zero to laser with 0 parallax , which means the laser is zeroed to hit in relation to its position to the barrel.

If the laser is mounted 1 inch above the barrel then the laser is zeroed 1 inch above POI at range.
Of course most military rounds have much flatter trajectories.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thats what i want to do but the shroud/ barrel has quite a bit of rotation on the ps90, dunno, someone ealier in this thread said it was made that way for the barrel to recoil better, is that true, if i took the side ways movement out if would it hurt, what about sbrs, are the carrells lose in thr=en also

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok, thinking about it , it is a blowback system, so now to figure out how to mount a laser,,,, any ideas and keep it close to the bore of the barrel

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
think i have a solution stay tuned for pictures of my mods to get a cheapo laser on my baby her name is "SHALANA"

·
Registered
4,907 Posts

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
ShipWreck said:
I think 2 seperate people have made their own rails that do that. 1 talked about possibly making something to sell - but I have never seen anything else said on that (I think there wasn't enough interest).

Be aware that no matter where U put a laser - you zero it for a specific distance (even on a handgun). Anything closer or further than that distance - and it is either too high or too low. The added problem of putting a laser on a siderail is that you not only have the low and high problem. You also add left and right to it when you use it for any distance other than the distance you sighted it at.

I set my laser for 7 yards - a typical household/indoor distance where I wouldn't have to bring the gun up to my face to use the sight.
i would set the laser up for short distance firing for when you dont want or cant use the optics on your ps-90 in a hurry. So ship is right i would set it for point blank range to probably 15 yards for close in rapid responce firing.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
i still need to sight my laser :oops:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts