FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a black 1 for 1475.00 An opinions as to how this gun will hold up in value over the years? I bought it to shoot. It doesnt seem too popular in the northeast, maybe im just having buyers remorse? Thanks

·
Registered
42 Posts
50peso said:
Just purchased a black 1 for 1475.00 An opinions as to how this gun will hold up in value over the years? I bought it to shoot. It doesnt seem too popular in the northeast, maybe im just having buyers remorse? Thanks
I think they'll go up down the road. I bought a green one to have fun with and beat on and a black one thats still in the box.

·
Vendor
5,592 Posts
The more you play with it the more you will like it. It will hold its value but I bought mine for more of a wtshtf gun. I live in the northeast where there are LOTS of trees so a maximum range shot would only be around 100 yards. I love for its light weight and smallness.

·
Registered
857 Posts
I don't see this being an investment in any way at all.
The only way is if it gets banned for civilian sales.

·
Registered
15,552 Posts
I wouldn't have buyers remorse. Hell, this is thje most expensive gun I have ever bought - and between accessories, over 2k of rounds, 9 mags and a bunch of other crap, I have over $3k sunk into mine.

But I smile everytime I pick it up :shock:

If they get banned, THEN it would increase in value (or if the mags get banned, maybe)

·
Registered
857 Posts
ShipWreck said:
I wouldn't have buyers remorse. Hell, this is thje most expensive gun I have ever bought - and between accessories, over 2k of rounds, 9 mags and a bunch of other crap, I have over $3k sunk into mine.

If they get banned, THEN it would increase in value (or if the mags get banned, maybe)
I have no remorse either, i just would not buy it as an investment.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Now, the 5-7 pistol...

MIGHT be another story...

There is already a Bill to ban them drawn up.

BTW, I LOVE my PS90...

Like Therm said, the compact lightweight nature make it a joy to shoot IMHO.

:shock:

·
Registered
12 Posts
wlcohen said:
ShipWreck said:

I have no remorse either, i just would not buy it as an investment.
The dumbocrats are a comin--ya bet your ass it's an investment. There are easier ways to turn cash, but not many you get to shoot. :shock:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Better let us know when you get more of the 5-7 pistols in. My PS90-TR is enroute, and I'm looking forward to picking up the matching pistol.

Turbozag said:
Now, the 5-7 pistol...

MIGHT be another story...

There is already a Bill to ban them drawn up.

BTW, I LOVE my PS90...

Like Therm said, the compact lightweight nature make it a joy to shoot IMHO.

:shock:

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
50peso said:
For now, market too flooded. With time, and depending upon which legislation gets, or does not get, passed, will increase over time.

NIB always better, though.

·
Banned
58 Posts
I don't think it will increase in the short run, but in the long run, I have no doubt.

Here's why:

1) shortage of 'bullpup' model guns on the civillian market. Because of the radical design, this gun could be seen as a sort of pioneer.

2) always a likelihood it could be banned. That alone gives it some price lift.

Right now, they're selling quickly, but at the same time, demand far exceeds supply. I know that RSR group has a waiting list of approximately 30-90 days for orders of PS90's. And the three dealers I've spoken with say that they don't keep them in stock long.

Now if that pace kept up for another say, 4 years, then it would hurt long term appreciation. But the gun sale market isn't going to stay at that pace for a long time, either there will be some bans, some new products will enter the market, or they'll just fall out of favor.

The fact that you're even asking is evidence there is some interest in the product as a long term investment.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I have 10 more 5-7 pistols inbound. Of them, I blieve 4 are already sold. The going price on them is $795.

Should be in this week I hope!

·
Registered
857 Posts
you better off putting you money in the stock market if you are just looking for an investment. Buy one nib and never using on the hope that you will make a killing selling it in the future is ridiculous.
If you gonna use it and shoot it - and hope to sell it later, that makes more sense

·
Registered
95 Posts
I wouldn't look at it as an investment, exactly. It is too fun to shoot! But if a new ban does come to pass, you can bet your butt it will be on the list. Then, you will pay top dollar to get one, just like you must if you want a nice or NIB HK91 today. So, you could rationalize that spending $1400 today will prevent you from having to spend $2800 in a few years to get the same firearm. This cost avoidance story works for me all the time :-D , except with my wife.

And if we work hard and are fortunate to avoid a new ban, at least you still have a fine weapon to show for it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
so true

EBRfan said:
I wouldn't look at it as an investment, exactly. It is too fun to shoot! But if a new ban does come to pass, you can bet your butt it will be on the list. Then, you will pay top dollar to get one, just like you must if you want a nice or NIB HK91 today. So, you could rationalize that spending $1400 today will prevent you from having to spend $2800 in a few years to get the same firearm. This cost avoidance story works for me all the time :-D , except with my wife.

And if we work hard and are fortunate to avoid a new ban, at least you still have a fine weapon to show for it.
Last year I paid 2500 for a hk91, so I was thinking I should get the ps90 now. I also passed on a hk sp-89 for 1400 years ago.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts