FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the listed rate of twist for the PS90s?

Also, what would be the best rate of twist replacement short-barrel if I fire mostly SS197 (with some SS91 and sub-sonic thrown in)?

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
wikipedia lists the P90 as having a 1:9, which is what i purchased from cmmg for my sbr.

i also got the 1:7 they have for heavier rounds once my can comes in

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
acmeraptor said:
wikipedia lists the P90 as having a 1:9, which is what i purchased from cmmg for my sbr.

Shorter twist is better for heavier rounds? I'm trying to decide which to get for my SBR because I'll be firing sub-sonic ammo through it with my silencer, but probably 197 the rest of the time.

·
Registered
163 Posts
FSCJedi said:
acmeraptor said:

Shorter twist is better for heavier rounds? I'm trying to decide which to get for my SBR because I'll be firing sub-sonic ammo through it with my silencer, but probably 197 the rest of the time.
Yes, the faster twist is better for heavier boolits. The only drawback is a faster twist will result in less de-stabilization down range. If you are only shooting paper and not living targets, 1/7 probably wont be an issue.

Gregg

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
gregg877 said:
FSCJedi said:
acmeraptor said:

Yes, the faster twist is better for heavier boolits. The only drawback is a faster twist will result in less de-stabilization down range. If you are only shooting paper and not living targets, 1/7 probably wont be an issue.

Gregg
I plan on shooting some living targets, such as varmints, etc...

·
Registered
163 Posts
Considering varmints etc. don't wear body armor or have as much mass as people, I'd say you'll probably be ok with the 1/7.

Gregg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts