FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, being new to the PS90 (and assault rifles), I was wondring if you guys had any recommendations, advice, warnings, etc. about cleaning it.

Lubricants, brushes, critical points to clean, things to look for, compressed air, etc?

As a noob, I' considering taking it to the gun shop to have it cleaned. But is this necessary?

Thanks,

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Everyone has a diffent opinion on cleaning products. It is no different than any other weapon. Read the owners manual. Going to the gun shop to have it cleaned is not needed.

Clean the barrel, chamber, and bolt. Make sure the ejector and extractor move freely. Lube the rods that the bolt slides on. A little lube goes a long way.

Enjoy!!!

Reactions: disco.volante

·
Vendor
3,283 Posts
Bore snakes have a range... I think I waited too long to tear mine down completely.
You may want to watch a couple You Tubes, and there is NO replacement for the manual. It will give you the FN recommended lube points and specific details.
I actually found the complete tear down fun. For my situation it was a must due to the " AE " light load pushed back bullet syndrome. What a complete tear down w/ splitting the case allows... is you to clean all the residue / powder from all the substructure's thin walls & compartments. PLUS... I developed a better understanding of the weapon. Must admit the eng @ FN is very clever.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts