FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last year a friend of mine experienced cold-weather malfunctions w/his PS90 (trigger bar wouldn't reset after a shot, something in the trigger pack wasn't moving forward properly). Has anyone else experienced this problem or heard of a fix for it? TIA!...
Tomac

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How cold was it?
I will never experience that here in Texas...
I don't remember specifically but he said it was close to 0F if not below. I tested mine in the 'teens and didn't have any problems.
Tomac

·
Registered
114 Posts
OP already got an answer on another forum, with nice pictures etc on how to oil his gun.

and since FN tests their weapons to -40°C, i'd say it's no problem at all if your weapon is maintained correctly.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I'll brave the cold and take it out shooting on a nice clear cold January day. It's in the low 30s now and I'll let you know.

I have to say that shooting when it is in the negatives is not to plesant.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Re: Oiling a cold gun

IndianaApostle said:
Can you share the link on the proper oiling procedures?
i'm not sure if Ship will appreciate a direct link, but i suppose he can easily delete my post if he has a problem with it.

"Site #x" was the forum i saw the explanation on, but i dont have the time to dig up the exact link. but the title should be the same as this thread.

Admin Edit - sorry, had to remove the link - see my post below...

·
Registered
15,552 Posts

SuA said:
IndianaApostle said:
Can you share the link on the proper oiling procedures?
i'm not sure if Ship will appreciate a direct link, but i suppose he can easily delete my post if he has a problem with it.

"Site X" was the forum i saw the explanation on, but i dont have the time to dig up the exact link. but the title should be the same as this thread.
Well, linking to any other FN related site is against forum rules..

3. If you have made posts on other FN forums you are welcome to reproduce the information here. Please do not post links to other FN forums - otherwise your post may be removed. Links to ANY OTHER forums for reference material are welcome.

·
Registered
114 Posts

3. If you have made posts on other FN forums you are welcome to reproduce the information here. Please do not post links to other FN forums - otherwise your post may be removed. Links to ANY OTHER forums for reference material are welcome.
sowwy! :cry:

you might want to edit the link in your own post, it still snuck through!

·
Registered
15,552 Posts

SuA said:
sowwy! :cry:

you might want to edit the link in your own post, it still snuck through!
Haha... No biggie.. Thanks for the reminder. I fixed it - it was too early in the morning when I posted that.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I finally sighted in my ps90 this weekend! It was about 41 degrees out. I fired 100 rounds. I was shooting 10 shot mag loads. After charging the rifle, the first round fired every time. Although, 3 times, the second round failed to load. Thats a 30% follow up round failure rate!

I think I read on another post that this failure can be caused by not letting the bolt slam forward after pulling it back. I will continue to test the cold weather as the winter in Illinois comes on.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts