FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After almost a year of waiting for paperwork and a few more months waiting on all the tools to do the job properly, I've finally done it. The engraving is done underneath the magazine but still on top of the receiver, so with that, and my tax stamp, I could finally put it all together. Yay for me!!!

Here it is folks, I hope you get as big a smile outta the pictures as I did holding it for the first time.

Zhur

PS. Yes, that's a Bi-lock and yes I got the G5, and yes I'll post pics of it tomorrow.

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Congrats!

I keep thinking of buying a seperate receiver with a short barrel... Can't make up my mind. But, that custom 1911 I ordered has to be paid for first (I have a 10 month wait, so I have time)

·
Registered
43 Posts

Right now I'm waiting for both the form 1 to come back and the Gem-Tech bi-lock that is on back order . The good folks at Gem-Tech are gonna ship it same time CMMG gets thiers in from the same lot. Paper work mailed 8/22 and check cashed 9/06 so its definatly pending as of now. I cant wait to use my G-5 but I still gotta work up a 55gr subsonic load.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here's some "before" vid, to compare with the after vids when I get the barrel torqued to 36 lbs. Might be another day or so till I can get the proper torque on it to shoot it.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Zhurdan said:
The engraving is done underneath the magazine but still on top of the receiver,
Not to be a buzzkill but I thought this was a big no no. Doesn't the engraving have to be in plain sight without the requirement of disassembly? I have no idea if removing the mag constitutes disassembly but that's too fine of a line for me to take a chance.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
When I asked, they said it was fine. Perhaps I'll call them again to make sure. Thanks.

Zhur

·
Registered
45 Posts
acmeraptor said:
Zhurdan said:
The engraving is done underneath the magazine but still on top of the receiver,
Not to be a buzzkill but I thought this was a big no no. Doesn't the engraving have to be in plain sight without the requirement of disassembly? I have no idea if removing the mag constitutes disassembly but that's too fine of a line for me to take a chance.
It's probably because the weapon isn't considered disassembled w/o a magazine. Think about an AR or other weapon system. If you are presenting your PS90 for inspection to ATF or whoever, you'll clear it which means no mag. That's my guess anyway.

Zhurdan, congrats! It looks great!

·
Banned
2,293 Posts
That is something else isn't it? I mean owning a PS90 is pretty sweet, but then the day you install the SBR yourself and holt it in you hands without that long snout...wow.

Just wait till you fire it with the G5. That quarter turn to put it on gives you chills.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, I've fired my AR-15 with the G5 on it, I have some vid of that...

It should be much more fun on the 90 though.

Zhur

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Yea it looks great Zhurdan, congrats!

I've got the Spectre suppressor, not quite the quarter turn to put it on but I like it. Oh and that AR video is badass.

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
I have read that the PS90, and sometimes other guns, do not hit where the gun is sighted in at when using a can.

I plan to short barrel my PS90 - but I'm just gonna do the standard flashhider thing (like the put on the P90s). I'm not worried about adding a suppressor.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts