FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys NooB here

Does anyone know a website or a store or anyone that sells the emergency iron sights for the PS90?

My current FN arsenal consist of the FS200, PS90, Five-Seven, FN SLP Shotgun, and the FN A1a SPR. I hope to put some pics up as soon as I get the mods done to them. :D

:grin: Hmm this track needs a red cross on the side!

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
If you have a standard PS9 - you have built in iron sights on the sides. If you have a tri-rail - then no, you don't have any.

There has been discussions about this in the past. If you mount fold down AR15-type iron sights - then you won't be able to use an optic on your tri-rail PS90.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I can not understand why FN did not put emergency or back up sights on that tri rail model. It really makes no sense to me. Honestly that is why I went with the standard model, for those emergency sights alone. Even if I replace the ring sight and put a rail on, I still have my emergency sights if the optic fails. On top of those emergency sights, FN sells a rail that includes a back up sight in the middle of the rail as well. Some may argue that its not necesarry, but it sure is nice to know its there if you ever need it.

·
Banned
2,294 Posts
You know what the problem with mounted irons is? The weapon system's rails are so short....the irons are so close together it is almost like a "pistol" sights setup. I am uncertain as to what kind of accuracy you would get from a set, you know what I mean?

I did post some time ago this exact same question. do a search under my name and you will find it.

I recall finding AR15 irons that attached to the rails....but for $100 or so the best option was to use the existing holograpic as a "ghost ring" as someone called it.

Furthermore, just any old irons don't work...you need ones that are pretty darn "low" in profile for it to work. That limits your options.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I find the factory BUIS on the std PS90 to be nearly useless for me so I added fiber optics to mine which I find fast & easy to use.
Tomac

·
Banned
2,294 Posts
Tomac,

I saw that on this site before. That looks like a great idea that would work well with that setup.

I have the tri-rail and the top does not lend itself to such a snug and streamlined fiber like that. There is no skinny "groove" to put a fiber in.

I don't have a good picture to show you what I mean unfortunately. Perhaps you can tell from this:

Perhaps I would do something similar to that as well if the situation ever arose.

I guess I could put some "Whtie Out" spots on it as a make-shift dot sight arrangement, lol.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Hey, Ick...
I chose fiber optics because they make the most of available light and you don't need a good focus for good results. Is there room fore or fore/ aft of your optic of choice for a short length of fiber optic? You don't need a groove. I discovered that even having just the green made close-in snapshots much faster/accurate than none at all. If the top of the rail isn't usable how about either of the side accessory rails?
Tomac

·
Banned
2,294 Posts
I guess you are right, that would probably work.

The White-out idea is pretty handy though you have to admit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts