FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a PS90 on layaway at a local gun store and an Eotech Holographic I plan on putting on top of it. I was hoping to add a Magnifier to the EoTech but a rep from EoTech i talked to at a gun show said because of the long eye relief on the PS90 the magnifier wouldnt work out. A friend suggested that maybe adding a rail extension to the top would let me bring it back close enough to make it possible, but with the PS90 mag being top loading I can see how that would be potentially problematic. Any advice or suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated.

·
Registered
811 Posts
My advice is to skip the magnifier. Even if you can make it work physically I'd still have to wonder what the point would be. If you were shooting at distances where a magnifier would be needed then a PS90 is already the wrong gun. Good luck with whatever you end up doing.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I would also advise skipping the magnifier on a ps90. Aside from the other issues already mentioned, an Eotech + magnifier is a very heavy and cumbersome combo for the compact and lightweight ps90. I like the factory ring sight on my ps90, and if I didn't have that I would use a very compact red dot sight.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:welcomesigntb3:TO THE FORUM. I WOULD SUGGEST GOING WITH AN AIMPOINT H1 OR T1 MICRO FOR YOUR OPTIC
I would go Aimpoint if I didnt already have the Eotech and my optics budget currently isnt very big. In respons to people saying the magnifier is essentially pointless on the PS90 I hadnt taken that into consideration, I might just stick with my EOTech for now then.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I may change my mind but currently the next gun in my list of guns i want to purchase is a FN Five Seven MKII because I want to have the same rounds for a pistol and rifle. ALso just got my gun trust So converting my PS90 to a suppressed SBR is also in the cards soon.
Save that setup for your SCAR16s which will be your next purchase anyways.... ;)

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Ya, not really needed on this platform. PS90 effective range, 200 meters.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yea, I would likt to be shooting out to 200 Meters, my eyes arent that great and a magnifier helps out. Yes I have glasses still not that great of vision.
Ya, not really needed on this platform. PS90 effective range, 200 meters.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Just do whatever u want! Its a free country. I personally think that if you want a little more magnification, then get a trijicon mini acog, or even a trijicon ta31fg which i have on mine. It works great, just would be nice to have the mini acog for such a small rifle.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Yea, I would likt to be shooting out to 200 Meters, my eyes arent that great and a magnifier helps out. Yes I have glasses still not that great of vision.

Understood. :?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'd love to get a trijicon mini acog but I already have the EOTech
Just do whatever u want! Its a free country. I personally think that if you want a little more magnification, then get a trijicon mini acog, or even a trijicon ta31fg which i have on mine. It works great, just would be nice to have the mini acog for such a small rifle.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thats my fear, i dont have the gun n front of me because its on lay away so i cant do measurements and experiments with rail length
rail extension closer to your eye would also get a little in the way of the magazine when reloading, right?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts