FN Herstal Firearms banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Shipped out the mounts that have been paid for this morning, looking forward to feedback!
For those interested, it weighs 1.9oz.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Got the mount. The weigh of it seems heavy, probably the rail attachment helping their. I was able to cram my TLR-2 onto it, just. I like the design, but I would buy this again if you came out with a one piece hard plastic version. Considering it's not going to see alot of abuse holding a small light, it would be worth the weight savings.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #23 (Edited)
Thanks for the feedback. I thought about delrin/acetal, but i'm not sure it would be strong enough at the thickness (1/8" along the mounting side) it needs to be. I did try to think about "losing some weight" but i wasn't able to come up with a good solution for lightening without adding machining cost. Tried to keep the best balance of form/function/cost.
Will keep thinking about it.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I got mine today and I love it. I mounted a Lucid Optics C3 weapons light on it. It's a perfect combo of flat to the side of the weapon, lots of light, and durable aluminium. I don't find it too heavy at all, and I think it needs to be the metal and not a plastic.

The fit and finish are awesome, and it installed in just a couple of seconds. A very well made product!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Use on PS90 Carbine

Still have some of these mounts for those interested.
I am interested in using your mount with surefire's new weapon light and laser XH55G. Any chance of obtaining your mount to use on my PS90 Carbine? How can I purchase and do you think mount will work?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Judging by the looks of it compared to a regular TLR-2 it'll be too big to fit. Why not get a TLR2-HL G for much less $$ and only slightly less lumens. I know it will fit :)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Still have some of these mounts for those interested.
I am interested in using your mount with surefire's new weapon light and laser XH55G. Any chance of obtaining your mount to use on my PS90 Carbine? How can I purchase and do you think mount will work?
I doubt it will work. It’s a bit too short for the x300/ultra, and that looks even bigger.
But, you can try if you buy one!
PM me if interested.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, I have a couple of questions regarding this mount. I haven't picked up my PS90 yet, I'm still waiting for the ATF approvals for both the SBR and Suppressor. I already have a light for my PS90 a Streamlight TLR-2 HLG, I believe I read in one of the comments that someone purchased your mount and the same light worked. The other question is since I'll always have the Gemtech TREK suppressor on the rifle, I'm concerned that the thickness of the suppressor will make mounting the light at that location impossible. Has anyone here any experience with a suppressor such as this one with this light mount set up? Thanks so much for your assistance. Finally, I read where you were considering reducing the weight of the mount, have you made or are you endeavoring to do that? It doesn't look like I'll have the approval, according to the gun shop, until probably October. Thanks again.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Hello, I have a couple of questions regarding this mount. I haven't picked up my PS90 yet, I'm still waiting for the ATF approvals for both the SBR and Suppressor. I already have a light for my PS90 a Streamlight TLR-2 HLG, I believe I read in one of the comments that someone purchased your mount and the same light worked. The other question is since I'll always have the Gemtech TREK suppressor on the rifle, I'm concerned that the thickness of the suppressor will make mounting the light at that location impossible. Has anyone here any experience with a suppressor such as this one with this light mount set up? Thanks so much for your assistance. Finally, I read where you were considering reducing the weight of the mount, have you made or are you endeavoring to do that? It doesn't look like I'll have the approval, according to the gun shop, until probably October. Thanks again.
You shouldn't have a problem using the 1.5"OD Gemtech Trek with my mount, I designed it with suppressors in mind. According to my measurements, you could use up to a 2"OD suppressor like the Brevis and it would still clear the mount.
As far as weight/design, i haven't revisited it yet.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I bought your mount and use it on my Ps90. I thought about making one myself. However, I just don't have the energy.

Here is my input:

1) The mount moves, this effects lasers, lights to a lesser degree of course. If it could be stabilized laterally by maybe mounting to both sides and supporting with a strut.
2) Consider M-Lok, allows the end user to choose if they direct mount or add a M-Lok Rail or other accessory / adapter.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I bought your mount and use it on my Ps90. I thought about making one myself. However, I just don't have the energy.

Here is my input:

1) The mount moves, this effects lasers, lights to a lesser degree of course. If it could be stabilized laterally by maybe mounting to both sides and supporting with a strut.
2) Consider M-Lok, allows the end user to choose if they direct mount or add a M-Lok Rail or other accessory / adapter.
Sorry to hear about the movement with a laser. Trying to keep it as unobtrusive as possible is sacrificing a bit of rigidity. For an intended flashlight I think it works well.
I'll have to look into how I could make mlok work as I don't have anything with it.
Thank you for the suggestions and feedback!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #35 (Edited)
Olight had a good deal on their PL-Mini Valkyrie so i bought one thinking it would be a good match for the PS90. While it fits, there are two issues. The first is minor, you have to take the muzzle device off to clamp the throw lever, not a big deal. The second issue is how you turn on the Valkyrie, you push down on one of the two wings, but when the light is mounted 90deg from normal, "down" is a bit awkward and not natural. It works, you can turn it on without too much of an issue but it's not ideal IMO.

Attachments

·
Registered
195 Posts
Does it clear the receiver? If so, use the take down button and remove the entire receiver - then muck with the light fastening mechanism.

If it doesn't clear the receiver that's a whole 'nother issue cause now you need tools to take down your weapon (to remove the flash hider) and that's not always acceptable.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Does it clear the receiver? If so, use the take down button and remove the entire receiver - then muck with the light fastening mechanism.

If it doesn't clear the receiver that's a whole 'nother issue cause now you need tools to take down your weapon (to remove the flash hider) and that's not always acceptable.
Its not that it doesn't fit, it fits just fine without problem. The issue is how you activate the light becomes awkward, you have to put the tip of your finger between the stock and the wings to push the down (now to the left because how the light is mounted 90deg to the left) on the switch. The light doesn't activate like the the Surefire X300 or Streamlight TLR series where you can bump the wings or "twist" the back end to activate the light.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Thinking about another run of these mounts, possibly lengthened just a bit so they work with Surefire x300/ultra.
My cheap machinist retired but have some other options so they will cost more, don’t have a figure yet.
Please respond if you’re interested so I can see if it’s worth the time.

·
Vendor
3,283 Posts
To be honest .... JIMO, you need to be a sponsor to be selling on this forum . It's whats fair to all of the paying sponsors.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts