FN Herstal Firearms banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
To be honest .... JIMO, you need to be a sponsor to be selling on this forum . It's whats fair to all of the paying sponsors.
I agree, I plan on finding out the cost to be a sponsor on this next batch before selling.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Not sure why my other thread was locked. I don’t have anything to sell at this point just looking for feedback. Been 2+ weeks and 4 emails/messages thru the site and still trying to get ANY info on becoming a vendor. Maybe nobody wants my money...

Here are a few pics of 1, 3, 5, which are the ones I think are the best.
Hopefully it’s ok to post these, not seeing why it wouldn’t.

Attachments

·
Vendor
147 Posts
I think you should offer both, the best of 1-3, and #5. #5 customers could mount a laser on one side and a light on the other if that's what they'd like to do, as well as giving left handed shooters an option as well. Anodizing is not cheap, especially in small batches, believe me. You may consider cerakoting or duracoat if you know how to paint and have your hand on a compressor/paint gun. 6061 is aircraft grade and pretty tough on it's own, duracoat and cerakote both have hardeners in them and can withstand serious heat (even cans i've seen duracoated). Does your mount work with a regular 16" non-SBR? Or is this specifically designed for SBR'd PS90's? Also it would be best if you could utilize the guns own screws and bolts. You could get the exact same bolts from MSC incase they strip, they're metric, pull one out measure it with calipers and go from there. Just my 2 cents and suggestions. Good luck! Also the email I contacted to be a vendor is the following: [email protected]

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Thanks for your feedback. I understand anodize is expensive, that will be figured into the costs but shouldn’t be bad as my machine shop can batch it with other stuff.
It will work on all PS90s, not just SBRs.
Definitely using the stock fasteners when possible, that was a goal when I started. Using the same M4 metric threads, just have to go with a longer FHCS (that I cut down to length) for the right side mount. The left side mount takes the place of the stock nuts but uses the stock SHCS.

Still waiting on a reply from that email, sent one a couple days ago after trying to contact through the advertise link without response.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
If you’d like to see specific pictures just ask.
Planning on having some of 1,3,5 made, just deciding on qty so I can place the order.
My personal favorite is #3 as it places the light where I want it and I don’t have a use for the 2nd rail.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thank you for the bigger pictures. Now it is easier to see the differences. Personally, I'm between 1 and 3, mainly because I'm planning on using the left side only.
I have Design Machine Light and Laser Mount. They are excellent, but I've been unable to find a light (or laser) that I can put on the right side and use. So, I would like to be able put the laser and the light both on the left side.

·
Registered
195 Posts
#5 is where it is at.

Rigidity was a problem on the gen1, noticeable if you used a laser attached to the rail it would move when you activated the laser or pushed on the device.

The more rigid, the better.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm definitely interested in #5. My current light mount interferes with anything bigger than a .22 can. I'd prefer to run my 9mm can on it.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts