FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Vendor
3,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have some of these, they are pricy, no profit made by MKS.
These are in limited #, nice craftmanship.
Actually I like this better than anticipated... I hooked up my FM green laser to it.
Just putting this out there.
MK PS90 Floating Barrel Mount 001.jpg MK PS90 Floating Barrel Mount 002.jpg MK PS90 Floating Barrel Mount 003.jpg MK PS90 Floating Barrel Mount 004.jpg

·
Vendor
3,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
OOS a new product is coming out to replace this from MKS.

·
Vendor
3,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
UPDATE:
Due to some due dilligence and courtesy of MKS,while including a venture capitalist and an extremely gifted entrepreneur..... ( That's 3 people )
The MK-FBM 1.0 is coming out soon. ( PS90 Man Kave Floating Barrel Mount )

This has been re-engineered, re-designed and will be coming out to the market place soon, at a very economical price.
If anyone stumbles on this post.... a picture of the new design & features will be posted early next week along with a NEW product announcement.
These simply didn't sell at the original owners price point.
MKS has been "calling in" all favors due .... all week long in an attempt to make this available here shortly.

·
Registered
17 Posts
When attached does it lock the barrel in place or does the barrel still move (twist back & forth a little)

·
Vendor
3,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
These will happen, I just have 2 things I'm trying to get to the market-place currently.
Especially since , I sold all available mounts, even the 1 I had for my weapon.
00Stormbringer , if there are any concerns with these , let me know. I don't have one to test.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
These will happen, I just have 2 things I'm trying to get to the market-place currently.
Especially since , I sold all available mounts, even the 1 I had for my weapon.
00Stormbringer , if there are any concerns with these , let me know. I don't have one to test.
It works flawlessly, I have noticed no change in point of impact or group size; I contribute this to being mounted free floating to the barrel shroud which inturn fastens the barrel into the reciever in a non-static configuration. Excellent Product.

Attachments

·
Registered
92 Posts
It works flawlessly, I have noticed no change in point of impact or group size; I contribute this to being mounted free floating to the barrel shroud which inturn fastens the barrel into the reciever in a non-static configuration. Excellent Product.
I have my master gunsmith evaluating the mount and floating shroud currently. I have a custom build incorporating this floating 'shroud mount" using one of the original prototypes. I will give an update on the feasability of eliminating the 'leftward 10 degree cant movement' of the shroud when he completes his eval. Not a negative, just evaluating the shroud to eliminate any movement while not interferring with function/accuracy, and still allowing the barrel to 'float'. He is a class 7 manufactorer and is confident he can fabricate just about anything. I love the mount personally, I put a collapsable B&T vertical grip on it, then mounted a picatinny rail on the left with plans to add a Surefire 400 Ultra strobe with green laser (backorderd). Topped it off with a TROS ultra low mount , Acog mini, and some other MKS rollers/ech's/Bacca sling, ext. Excited to finish it and show to Forum members for constructive critique BTW!

·
Registered
17 Posts
UPDATE:
Due to some due dilligence and courtesy of MKS,while including a venture capitalist and an extremely gifted entrepreneur..... ( That's 3 people )
The MK-FBM 1.0 is coming out soon. ( PS90 Man Kave Floating Barrel Mount )

This has been re-engineered, re-designed and will be coming out to the market place soon, at a very economical price.
If anyone stumbles on this post.... a picture of the new design & features will be posted early next week along with a NEW product announcement.
These simply didn't sell at the original owners price point.
MKS has been "calling in" all favors due .... all week long in an attempt to make this available here shortly.
Sweet , I'll be waiting somewhat patiently Lol . I know this is asking alil much but if possible please send me a pm ASAP when they are available but I'll be trying to watch out for them in the mean time . Thanks

Doug

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just ordered Mike's EMR and a bunch of rollers. I would be interest in the mount too. What does anyone think about making it mount up instead of down?

·
Vendor
3,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just ordered Mike's EMR and a bunch of rollers. I would be interest in the mount too. What does anyone think about making it mount up instead of down?
I have this being quoted in a qty of 25 & 50. I have also generated a model and have toyed with the 180/0 mount not too sure about offering both versions. There are only a few guy's with this mount on their guns. I don't even have 1 but would like about 3.

Reactions: CanAmGary
1 - 14 of 14 Posts