FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I was just wondering:

Which states allow the 50-round magazine for the PS90? Which don't have any other restrictions such as "fixed magazine" or "overall length?"

In other words, which states let you own, shoot, and transport a straight-up PS90 in all its amazing glory?

I'm just looking ahead in case I want to or need to move out of Kalifornia--it would be nice to pick a state in which I can actually shoot my PS90 without restrictions.

It'd also be nice if the state has no income tax--taxes and guns are my two "hot-button" issues, and California fails on both of them. I here only for the weather, the beaches, and the girls, but what good are those when you're not free?

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Kentucky as well! Soon to be none under BHO

·
Registered
25 Posts
Arizona has a state income tax but, Class 3 purchases are pretty easy.

I really like my suppressors, full-autos, Short Barrel Rifles (SBR), Any Other Weapons (AOW), and Destructive Devices (DD)!

Civilian Form 4's in DFW, TX are near impossible so, you would need to go the LLC, trust, or corporate route.

Most free states will let you own and shoot the "evil black rifles."

:grin:

·
Administrator
12,073 Posts
Florida.

The only down side is that you trade some potential hurricanes for earthquakes. But there have been hurricanes in Texas, Arizona, and a number of other states.

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
You can shoot it in Michigan, but there's an income tax. You also can't have suppressors, not sure about SBR'ing and what's involved, but I believe they are legal. No restrictions on mags either.

·
Registered
150 Posts
buy one in Mississippi i had my Fn in under 20min :shock: (no waiting period)

·
Registered
1 Posts
PS90 OK in Alabama....

In Alabama you can buy a PS90 in 15 minutes, suppressors are OK, even full Auto weapons are OK. I would not be surprised to find that bazookas, hand grenades and M-1 Abrams Tank ownership is fine but SBR's are NOT allowed, go figure.:grin: :-x :grin:

·
Registered
33 Posts
HK SD9 Tactical said:
Florida.

The only down side is that you trade some potential hurricanes for earthquakes. But there have been hurricanes in Texas, Arizona, and a number of other states.
I've lived in AZ 30 years, no hurricanes. 1983 a lot of rain from a pacific storm but no hurricanes, I'm not trying to sell AZ, don't need anymore people here, but it is gun friendly. We do have a state income tax. I will have property for sale after the big quake.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
HOOO WHEEE! Man, I had no idea how much better it is outside of the boiling water (me being the frog)...

Now I'm really stoked on leaving!

(Texas and Florida sound pretty good--I dig the beaches in Florida, especially Panama City and Daytona during spring break! The no alimony one in Texas is a huge plus--there's a great fear of marriage here in Calif. due to the alimony and palimony laws.)

What's this stuff about a Civilian Form 4, LLC, trusts, and corporations? Forgive me my ignorance--I have been living under the blue curtain for 17 years now...

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah, I've got a couple of buddies who fled California a few years back (high cost of living) and went to Texas. Every so often, they call me with job offers with surprisingly high salaries. Seems like there's plenty of work to be had out there, and the houses are twice the size of the ones in California but 1/4 the cost.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Here in UT they give you one when you cross the border :lol:

I've seen them +mags in almost every gun store I've been to here. You can buy any non-NFA gun just as fast as you can fill out the 1 page ATF form and pull your credit card out of your wallet.
I love the not-west-cost west. :?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Massachusetts allows them for normal civilians with no real restrictions except for the high-cap mags (still have the AWB here). SBR'ing one is no problem but state law forbids suppressors unless you are a firearm manufacturer. Individual LEO's can have post-ban high-cap mags though.

The laws here suck but hey ... it could be California :eek:

·
Registered
240 Posts
Colorado land of the Rockies and lots of freedom for for fans of shooting sports.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts