FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
I assume your receiver wasnt banged up before you gave it to him? The barrel is not sitting forward enough in the receiver from the looks of it. I did the conversion on my myself so my bent receiver came like that. Hope you can work it out

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Damn dude, it looks like he rough filed the back of your receiver where the engraving is, not sure why he would do that. No need to remove the finish...Not to mention why the hell are the O's and R centers knocked out????

The barrel does look a little short sticking out there in the end and it looks like he did a VERY sloppy job. I would be pissed personally...and would expect him to pay for the receiver to be cerakoated or something.

Damn dude I am sorry to see that :|

All I can say is W T F

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Not sure why he did the engraving there. on a side note I like how short your trust name is. Mine has revocable living in it cause the person that did it said it needed it. That and living in a town with a really long name makes it hard to find a spot big enough on most guns

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Not sure why he did the engraving there. on a side note I like how short your trust name is. Mine has revocable living in it cause the person that did it said it needed it. That and living in a town with a really long name makes it hard to find a spot big enough on most guns
Do Laser engravings, you can fit them anywhere and it looks 100000x better

·
Registered
421 Posts
T, sorry your having such bad luck. not much to add but to ditto comments above.

re... "He saying I need wrench to switch fh/can adapter? True? Saying the fh will draw the barrel out due to function if spring- ??"

You do need to torque the 1/2x28 thread adapter just like you would a flash hider as recommended by FN. it's covered somewhere on the board. what you are seeing could be the difference between an aftermarket barrel and a FN P90 barrel? not sure what you are using. I tried a CMMG barrel on mine and did not like the fit at all. Just a thought.

See if these pics help....

Monocular Spotting scope Optical instrument
Airsoft Electronic device

Reactions: HK SD9 Tactical

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Agree with previous posters who suggested laser engraving, was definitely the way to go, really sorry to hear about this sh*t, you wait so long for the NFA stamp on its own and then for the approved receiver to then get damaged, I can only imagine your frustration, I called gunsmith after gunsmith in my area and I can't tell you how many I spoke with that were at least honest enough to tell me that they could not perform the PS90 barrel swap

·
Registered
8,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks shap-- I'm really hoping it is not fubar-- that would be an epic disappointment and honestly right now- I'm feeling it already. 2 years in the making and it is full of chit. We will see tomorrow/Friday.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.