FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking at it and the way the bolt strips and feeds the rounds into the chamber, with a round fully seated, i can still see brass so there is no locking like on a ar-15 or akm where the bolt head rotates and locks the round into the breech, i know its not a open bolt cause it is hammer strike fired. i am guessing its safe this way, but seeing brass worries me a little bit kinda like a glock 40 unsupported barrell, is this the intended way of chambering and firing a round with this gun, im fairly fairly new, been reading ps90 p90 stuff for a long time, just finally got my hands on a ps90 to play with myself and was looking at what all does what, so in simple terms, am i supposed to see the rear of the cartridge when its seated fully in the chamber prior to firing. thanks for any info :eek:

·
Registered
980 Posts
Hi. When you said bolt open design I thought you meant bolt-hold-open for some reason.

The bolt on the PS90 does not lock- it's what is called a direct blowback action.
And yes it's 'normal' to see the rear of the case with the bolt closed. The brass is solid back there, so no need to worry about a rupture.

·
Registered
47 Posts
It is not an open bolt design. The P90/PS90 fires from the closed bolt position. It is a blow-back design, so it does not have any breech locking mechanism.

You should be seeing little or no brass. What you are going to see is a little bit of the case head. A reload, with the shoulder in the wrong place could be an issue if the shoulder is too far forward, causing chambering issues.

The design is safe with factory ammo or properly set up reloads.

T

·
Registered
16 Posts
ok good cause i can see a little bit of the tail of the round when it looks fully closed with the action out, so im good, went and shot 50, no problems except that cost me 20 bucks, but was fun

1 - 4 of 4 Posts