FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the PS90. I have only owned one for about a week, but I have made an interesting discovery. When I chamber a round in the rifle and eject it without firing it, there is a little ring on the brass right in front of the shoulder. Is this something every PS90 does or do I just have a bad rifle/batch of ammunition? The round on the left is fresh out of the box, and the one on the right has been chambered. Any ideas?

·
Registered
83 Posts
brass

You have a piece of thin, soft brass being forced into a piece of fairly thick, chrome lined steel very quickly and with a fair amount of force. One of them is going show evidence of the action and you hope it will always be the brass. There is nothing wrong with your rifle.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's what I kind of thought. I figure it is just creating a better "seal" for the blow back design. Fired 100 rounds of SS195LF today without a single hiccup. Rifle felt great! Off the bench accuracy at 100 yards was at best 2" and at worst 6" The fired brass doesn't show the ring so I'm not too worried. I cant wait to get out and put more rounds through it!! :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts