FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just reading the Manual in the forums here for the PS90 (I did not get one in my box), and I am a little confused about the lubricant requirements.

In one of the warnings it states not to use any teflon based lubricant, as this could cause damage.

But in section 9 it recommends the use of Breakfree CLP, which I thought was a teflon based cleaner, lubricant and protectant.

I normally use CLP, and just found this curious.

Thanks,

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
FAQ

Thanks! There is some great info there.

PS. Just ordered the mag shoulder holster, looked like a great idea, and with the 20% off, I ordered a sling and leg pouch!

Looks like you have some great sponsors here!!

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
I'm odd and probably the only person that uses good ol rem oil lol. Wasn't impressed with Breakfree

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
iCeMaN said:
I'm odd and probably the only person that uses good ol rem oil lol. Wasn't impressed with Breakfree
Remoil gives me a headache and gets me lightheaded if I use it indoors. I used it for years before switching to breakfree

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
The fumes give me a buzz :oops: J/k they don't bother me either way...

·
Registered
99 Posts
I been using Hopps #9, so far no problems...and now I think about it, I should have checked what it was made of :lol: Course I keep the hammer pack clean by just wiping with a dry cloth so far.

Khest

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
khest said:
I been using Hopps #9, so far no problems...and now I think about it, I should have checked what it was made of :lol: Course I keep the hammer pack clean by just wiping with a dry cloth so far.

Khest
Yes - do not oil that pack. If it got dirty enough, I THINK FN recommended to wash itw ith water in the manual - didn't they? It's been a while since I looked at the manual

·
Registered
150 Posts
LOW TRQ said:
I just use the free CLP I get at work :?
free or "requisition for personal use" :roll:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Breakfree for me! Yes, I also have been known to wash my hammer pack. Of course, I also use hot, soapy water to clean all my firearms, so why should the PS90 be any different?

On conventional metal arms, I have been experimenting with Strike-Hold. It too seems to be very good. Haven't tried it on the PS90, FiveseveN, or any other predominantly polymer firearms. It works great on my conventional firearms, though. I have just started working with Duracoat, and have not tried it there either.

I may have to Duracoat my PS90! I can think of a dozen different camo schemes I would like to try.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I'm using Inox on my PS90. I sparingly put it along the whole length of the trigger bars and pretty much anything associated with the firing of the gun (other than the hammer group), and it smoothed out the trigger very nicely.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts