FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Good deal, I haven't heard any recent complaints about Cals. However, I live in Colorado and delt with them once a long time ago. I was completely dis-satisfield with their service, but it's been about 10 years since, plus I don't think it was Cal I delt with I think it was just a jackass employee. Just passing on information. I'd rather buy from them than Impact.

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
What's wrong with Impact? I hadn't heard anything.

As for Cal's - I have bought several USPc mags from them and am happy with their service.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Tomahawk said:
From Cal's Sporting Armory:
http://www.calssportingarmory.com/FN_High_Capacity_Magazines_s/777.htm

I ordered HK mags from them a year or so ago and they were prompt.

They also have the FN USG mags for $31.

Just thought y'all would want to know! :)

Kevin
I haven't had problems with them, but one of the HK guys posted a message from CS rep on Cal's Sporting Armory. She basically told him TO GO STUFF it on some issue, but not in so many words...

·
Registered
54 Posts
Esteves said:
Impact is notorious for advertising items that they don't have in stock and that they can't get in stock. They're happy to take your money and sit on it, though.
yep, They've hosed a bunch of guys I know on items. They basically have crappy customer service, promise things they may or may not be able to deliver, they may sell something you've been waiting on for months to someone else who just walks in.

Don't get me wrong, they've got an awefully pretty website but they'll give it too you in the brown star at will.

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
I just ordered 1 more mag - ordered from CMMG, however. There was only a $1.50 difference. Cal's charges almost $2.50 more for shipping - and I love CMMG service. So, that makes 9 now... :)

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Great Karma! Please enter me!!

TA

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just got my 2 new mags today from Cal's and I'm currently loading them.

Fast shipping for UPS ground, though I was only a four hour drive from their store.

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Damn, I hate it when that happens! :lol:

TA

·
Registered
36 Posts
What's wrong with Impact? I hadn't heard anything.
As mentioned they are THE worlds worst (OK maybe a tie with BoTac) about advertising items and prices that are great, but that are not in stock.

I've attempted to do business with them before and it's always ended up the same way; item shows in stock, item backordered but my credit card charged anyway.

Both times it took me several phone calls to get the order cancelled and my money returned.

Never again.

·
Registered
3 Posts
FNG here, waiting to hear of someone (Thompson Machine MIA?) to confirm they would fab a stock receiver for SBR 'fore I pull the $$ trigger on the PS90 but the itch keeps growing... <grin>

Anywho. I recently ordered a Strike-Dot and a couple Uncle Dave's QD swivel mounts for my Cx4 Storm (Any BSG fans out there?) from Cal's and including shipping they were best price by a good $10. Took a few days to process but order to door was still only about 7 days.

Few years back they closed up the retail shop and went online only and I think that helped their focus. From looking at their inventories vs. other sites it seems they source from a major distributor that a number of other dealers do as well but they either have lower overhead or lower markup 'cause their prices are across the board lower than the others. (Hint: If you see a smallish shop that has 62 Strike-Dot optics 'in-stock' they're a client of the same drop-ship source and it'd be wise to shop around for whatever you're lookign for.)

I usually use the excuse of saving on shipping to buy 3 or 4 things at a time whenever I'm looking for a specific item though. <wink>

As far as Impact goes, their advertised prices aren't even very good. Nothing I've seen there beats local orders. Nice site to go to for pics and info on RESTRICTED goodies though.

-/flea

·
Registered
227 Posts
Time to bump this discussion and find out who has the best prices on the 50 rnd mags. Gunbroker.com has some for $55+

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
I've always been a fan of CMMG - their service is awesome. They ship VERY fast. And, while I have seen some "deals," the shipping costs usually brings some of these cheaper places w/i a dollar or so of CMMG. And, they have treated me great so far...

They are $55.95 there.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
My local gun shop has 50 round mags for $50.00. Don't know if I'm allowed to list their name and contact info thou. Bought another one today.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts