FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I studied your site for a week or two before I ordered my green standard model. I just picked it up today!

I already ordered the 50rd floor plate from one of your sponsors, great info.

Mine has the black ring site, with three red posts when I took it out in the dark.

I am going to order the double side mount, should I get the picatinny or the low profile rails? I will be mounting a laser and a light.

Sportsman's Guide ran out of ammo, but Midway had plenty for $21.

Question: there was no manual in the box, I am assuming it should have come with one?

Also, a friend of mine works at the FN plant here in Columbia, he is bringing a FiveseveN over to try out too!!

Well, time to stop rambling, and start loading magazines!!

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Welcome aboard!

Yes - it should have had a manual. Recheck the box. If not - contact FN - they will send U one.

I save all my manuals in my safe deposit box because my insurance requires it to make a claim (my agent told me I should do this as proof of ownership). Anyway - I e-mailed FN and asked for another manual. They responded and sent me 1.

They are probably much busier than they were 2 years ago. U may want to call for one if U do not get a response back via email.

As for the rails - if you aren't mounting an EOtech or a wide optic - then either of the rails would probably work fine. The high profile ones give you a bit more clearance for people with an eotech. It kinda just depends on your preference if you plan to keep that stock optic.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Welcome. I miss SC :cry:

·
Registered
475 Posts
Welcome to the forum, sounds like an excellent first purchase, i wish mine had the black ring sight when i bought mine, post pics asap we love them! :shock:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts