FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i get my ps90 today and shoot 75 rds through it. And now it wont shoot, and it wont extract the round out of the chamber. When i rack the action and pull the trigger it makes the noise like it it should fire, but it doesnt go off, and then rack the action again and it doesnt extract the shell. So can anyone tell me the problem? Any help will be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It wont fire at all now. It seems like the bolt doesnt go all the way ahead and doesnt grab the shell, and yes i am stupid! I was using the american eagle 40fmj. Never again though, but i dont know if that is what caused it.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No! Of course not, if i pull the action back the shell falls out.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am going to clean the hell out of it as soon i get a chance, hopefully that works.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Did you try another round in the chamber? Maybe that one round was out of spec (flared base?) and wouldn't seat into the bolt so the firing pin couldn't hit the primer.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ya, i tried a whole bunch of different rounds, and all the same outcome. And also tried ss197sr.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
take the bolt/carrier out and press against the firing pin. Take a look to see if the tip is deformed or bent. see if the trigger group has crap in it. Check to see if the extractor has crap in it

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I will def do that when i get a chance, want to right now but need to feed kiddos

·
Registered
251 Posts
From the sounds of it, the gun is not going into battery. You have something stuck in the extractor that is preventing the round from seating properly or the plunger is stuck.

The only other scenario would be that your extractor is damaged at the same time your firing pin breaking - and that sounds very, very unlikely. But anything is possible I guess.

Take the gun apart - examine the extractor - attempt to seat an EMTY case by hand into the bolt. It it won't go in - it's the extractor or the plunger on the bolt face.

Do not attempt to pry the extractor back with a screwdriver - extractors do not like that one bit.

Most likely piece of brass or dirt in the works.

-Thermallator

·
Vendor
3,283 Posts
I'm with posting a picture or 2 ? A picture says a 1000 words.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I found the problem! Now i need to know how to fix it. The little pin that holds the extractor spring in is half way out and the extractor spring fell out! I was lucky enough to look on the seat of my pickup and found the spring in the first two seconds of looking for it. Could someone tell me how the spring goes back in.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 44 Posts