FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pretty certain its the standard. Any reason why aimpoint over an rmr? Just a slightly larger viewport?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Aimpoint will have better battery life, better durability, and bigger "viewport". I prefer to move my micro red dot to the front part of the rail so that when the weapon is "mounted" and ready to fire, it acts more like a Heads-Up Display (HUD) and doesn't block or interfere with peripheral vision nearly as badly as it would if you moved it all the way back (like you would with a traditional optic with a set eye relief).

If you already have an RMR and like it, it probably wouldn't be a bad choice at all... its basically a beefed-up version of the Dokter sight that FN uses on their factory red dot now.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
From the pictures I've seen, the top rail of the Standard model can't be removed/replaced? Is that correct?

I also might toss the Trijicon TA44 in as an option as well. I really love my TA11 and the TA44 in a Low mount seems to be pretty popular as well. My Aimpoint H-1 is OK, but that TA11 is gorgeous

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
From the pictures I've seen, the top rail of the Standard model can't be removed/replaced? Is that correct?

I also might toss the Trijicon TA44 in as an option as well. I really love my TA11 and the TA44 in a Low mount seems to be pretty popular as well. My Aimpoint H-1 is OK, but that TA11 is gorgeous
Incorrect. The top rail comes off cleanly by removing two screws. Then, depending on your flavor, you can install a low rail or low mount for your optic of choice. Looks likes this for a TROS mini ACOG low profile. PS90.jpg

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Incorrect. The top rail comes off cleanly by removing two screws. Then, depending on your flavor, you can install a low rail or low mount for your optic of choice. Looks likes this for a TROS mini ACOG low profile. View attachment 36728

I've typically been a Larue fan, but Mark is the PS90 man after all. It would be pretty fitting to have his mount on the PS90 he SBR'd for me after all. I did inquire in an email (just now) about it working with the new Trijicon TA44-C models that appear to have been released this year. Also need to find one of the Green Reticle versions for under $900 :/

·
Vendor
147 Posts
Pretty certain its the standard. Any reason why aimpoint over an rmr? Just a slightly larger viewport?
I to like the Aimpoint, it's fool proof. The RMR is a great sight, don't get me wrong. But the way this type works is like a projector and screen, if something gets in between the 2 like snow, dirt, mud, whatever, your all done. (Although God willing you'll never be in that predicament.) The MRO is very nice as well. You can see each of them mounted if you go to my web site, dmachineri.com
It might give you some insight on how they set.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have an RMR 04 FM 90 receiver and it works out great. The 04 does not require battery you just pull it out is ready to roll.

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Well I run a Design Machine low mount with my T1, on my SBR. It's impeccable.... fit, finish, function and quality. If there is a " better " (?) mount out there.... I haven't seen it. It comes packaged better than my products with a clear & concise set of directions in addition to having a tech support number for customers to call should they have any questions. If my memory is correct... which I'm confident it's .... " crystal clear " regarding the following comment.... I have spent un-holy amounts of money on the PS90 platform.... it could be said I know a little.... ! I do recognize quality when I purchase it, in addition to realizing what effort it takes to produce it !

·
Registered
225 Posts
Just got mark's ultra low mount at the Portland gun show yesterday, He had an acog on an actual P90, have to say I like this better than any other I've seen yet, even 1.5 magnification really makes a difference in how clear everything is. wish I could find one for less though, almost what I paid for the gun mostly.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Jahflower, is that a TA-45 on yours?
Yes it is, Amber triangle reticle since no green is offered. I just recently moved it over to my standard barrel PS90 and put a green triangle RMR on a Design Machine mount on the SBR. It's a slick minimalist setup for a backpack gun now. Love the TA45 and it works great on the PS90 with the longer eye relief. Little pic of the family ::

2017-05-15 19.42.46.jpg

1 - 20 of 21 Posts