FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
233 Posts
The PS90 is said to be about a 1.25-1.5MOA gun in a rest, so I'd say a 2MOA dot (like vz58kid said) would be best. Essentially, once zero'd, anything in the dot gets a .224" hole in it when you squeeze the loud switch.

A 4MOA dot wouldn't be bad either, since the PS90 isn't meant to be a "precision" weapon. Off hand you will be lucky to get 4" groups at 100m (unless you are a rock, and I doubt any of us are) and a 4" group at 100m offhand isn't anything to sneer at. Its all your preference.

That said, I don't think a magnified optic is warranted on what is essentially a pistol-caliber carbine (albeit a new flat-shooting small caliber pistol round), but that is just my opinion. The PS90 was never meant to be a "precision" accuracy weapon. Its meant for nice tight minute-of-man shots for CQB-150m shots for military guys who's jobs don't warrant them carrying around a full-size weapon (REMFs mostly).

But hey! If you want to see how accurate you can get on yours, knock yourself out. Its a free country. :)

· Registered
29 Posts
I'm running a Vortex Razor Red Dot with 3MOA I think it's great! I chose that because I didn't want to spend the money on a T-1 but I also didn't want a budget RDS either. It's a great little sight. If you order from Primary Arms you can get a free magnifier... wouldn't work with the Razor but I'm sure you got more than one gun ;)

· Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Any input on these targets. I shot at 15yards and 25yards using the white ring sight using my arms as support. I tried ss197,ae and ss198(the spread on this go was probably me). The barrel is Tros cutdown 10.3(4) inches. Assuming some of the 'flyers' is probably me I would like to know if I would be able to get tighter groups using a different optic
Text Font Number

· Registered
153 Posts
Considering what the P90 was designed for, the results your targets display for what amounts to offhand shooting aren't going to draw a lot of criticism from me - especially considering the trigger these things sport. I've had better days than that and worse ones with my black ring sight. It always struck me as adequate for the intended task. If you wish to try and make the PS90 into a more precise instrument, no doubt better optics would give you a better chance at it - but ultimately we're talking about a 100 yard carbine here, not a thousand yard battle rifle! Sweep out the room with the PS90 - dot your "i's" and cross your "t's" with your SCAR!

~my two cents' worth, anyway!

Any input on these targets. I shot at 15yards and 25yards using the white ring sight using my arms as support. I tried ss197,ae and ss198(the spread on this go was probably me). The barrel is Tros cutdown 10.3(4) inches. Assuming some of the 'flyers' is probably me I would like to know if I would be able to get tighter groups using a different optic
View attachment 33160

· Registered
2,012 Posts
you can't hit what you can't see. Your 15 yrd groups are pretty nice, but spread wider and higher at 25. I have no experience with the FN sights, but my groups don't degrade that much at 50 yards with an aimpoint. At a 100 yes, because I can no longer make out the bullseye. I don't plan on a magnified optic because I look at it as cqb weapon. If you are not happy with the results, by all means try something else.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.