FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my first PS90 yesterday, and took it to the range today. Well I was worried about the sighting in process, but didnt have to adjust anything at all. Dead on at 50 yards using SS195LF.

Do they boresight these at the factory? Or did I just get lucky?

·
Registered
70 Posts
No, what I'm asking is....as you say that the gun is sighted in at the factory....well, what round are they sighting it in with? Don't the SS195 and SS197 hit a few inches different vertically at 50 yards? If they sight it in with one, won't it be either high or low with the other?

·
Registered
395 Posts
I'm just throwing in my 2-cents worth... I could be wrong, FWIW.. etc..

I don't think the bullet weight will make that much difference at 50 yards. I'm sure it would show up much more at longer distances, say past 100-150 yards.

I'm not sure what round they use at the factory to sight in with.

My elevation seems right, but mine seems to shoot to the right a bit...

Luckily, Buds has a couple sight adjust tools. Guess I'll buy one.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Boresighting

If anyone wonts to boresight a PS90 just grind off the backend of a spent brass case, clean inside with 320 grit sandpaper on a rod, then press in an AimShot .17HMR boresight laser. Use a vernier to get a .003 press fit on a wooden block. I can make them up from your brass formed to your chamber if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
I just used a Bushnell Laser Boresights (I wrote a review in the Product Review section months back). It got me close, and then I dialed in the last few inches manually.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts