FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Attended the Birmingham, Alabama Gun Show this weekend and saw several PS90s both new and used for sale. One well used was tagged at 1200 and that was the least expensive gun I saw. They did have a new one with the FN White reticle sight for 3000 as the most expensive and several others all hanging around the 2000 range. I had n idea when I bought mine it would turn into such a good investment.

·
Registered
6,625 Posts
Silly gun show prices. They are still being sold for $1,150 online in several locations. I don't even get surprised by gun show prices anymore. I just shake my head and keep walking.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Yea, they're still like $1100-$1300 all day NIB on Gunbroker. Local shows are not typically a good place to see what guns are really trading for.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
FNH has rasied the MSRP in the past. But some folks at gun shows are ridiculous.

·
Registered
62 Posts
That's why its called a "show". I haven't been to one for years. Gave up on finding a diamond in the rough...too much rough.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
I used to buy at guns shows but never again. Jus like everyone else said above: major markup.

At a LGS, I bought my PS90 for $1200 NIB with a veteran discount.
I saw one at a LE catering LGS and with LE discount, it went for nearly $1300

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Even more astounding is the trigger packs for both the PS & FS..... almost unobtainable. Watched a FS Gen 1 pack on GB go for $1036 the other day....
I have most of my packs ( the few extras ) locked down in the safe.....

Reactions: SAVAGEJIM

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Even more astounding is the trigger packs for both the PS & FS..... almost unobtainable. Watched a FS Gen 1 pack on GB go for $1036 the other day....
I have most of my packs ( the few extras ) locked down in the safe.....
Yes, those damn things are way overpriced, even more than what FNH would charge you if you had to replace it in your rifle.
Too many dumb @$$3$ trying to do illegal things.

In another forum, some guy claims (very strong emphasis on "claims" ) that FNH refuses to sell individual trigger (hammer) packs unless you are an FFL/SOT repairman/gunsmith.
I don't know if this is true.

If it is, I don't blame FNH this stance.

·
Registered
108 Posts
My brother and I used to go to gun shows all the time, you pay an entrance fee for people to show off their collections basically. If you were stupid enough to buy one of the guns they could go out and buy 2 more with the money you gave them.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Got my PS90 at a gun show recently for $1300. It seemed relatively reasonable. I'm still not quite comfortable enough buying a gun online to transfer to an FFL (Gun Noob here).

Eventually I want to get a nice Five-Seven to go along with my PS90. I might bite the bullet and buy online for that one. They aren't common in my area (Tulsa).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
While I agree that gun show prices are silly high, there can be bargains. I have seen people sell their collections for prices that are 10 or more years old. It is as if the people are not aware that some items are worth more now than what they paid 10 or more years ago.

I go to gun shows knowing full well that I may walk out without buying anything. In fact, my goal is not to buy. However, if there is a good deal then I will spend the money. I also like just going and looking at a wide range of items that you can't see at most gun stores.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I used to go to gun shows that were in driving distance... Anymore I just go to one big gun show in Tulsa Oklahoma, and even then The prices they want for their firearms are ridiculous... I had a guy one time that owned a gun store that told me that he jacked up his prices at the shows, because people are willing to pay more for them for some dumb reason .. At least he was honest about it ... I help out at a gun store and bought a brand-new PS90 for $735 New in the box.. I had one over a year ago, but sold it... I saw this one and couldn't pass it up for the price ... I just love these ugly carbines !!!!! Lol 😜

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Anything at Gunshows is up to 50% more than online, PS-90 prices have seem to be dropping in general for yrs., seems not all that much demand, currently $1177. highplainsgunshop!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I used to go to gun shows that were in driving distance... Anymore I just go to one big gun show in Tulsa Oklahoma, and even then The prices they want for their firearms are ridiculous... I had a guy one time that owned a gun store that told me that he jacked up his prices at the shows, because people are willing to pay more for them for some dumb reason .. At least he was honest about it ... I help out at a gun store and bought a brand-new PS90 for $735 New in the box.. I had one over a year ago, but sold it... I saw this one and couldn't pass it up for the price ... I just love these ugly carbines !!!!! Lol
When we were at the Wannemacher show, (bought the PS90 for $1300 there), we looked for hours trying to find a good deal on a Mosin Nagant (looking to get it for around $100) because my friend who has four or five of them, (he won't sell me one, he's too attached), told us we could get them there on the cheap.

We couldn't find one under $200.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm sorry for not responding to your reply.. I guess, I over looked it �� ... I don't get on here a whole lot due to work, but to answer your question.. I was at the Wannemacherr Tulsa gun show in November of 2014...

·
Registered
95 Posts
All it is is sad research by gun owners who show they have no business sense. Simply going online looking at the lowest average price and knocking it down another 30 or 40 bucks you walk out with a sale.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I was at the Tulsa gun show once were I saw a lady walking around with a National Match M1A on her back. It had a sign on it for $500. I didn't have two dimes to rub together or I would have bought it. I did stop her to look at it. I was really nice. Right after I handed the rifle back to the lady, a guy waiting behind me bought it. Such is life.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts