FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure this topic has been brought up before. But I find it odd that if you want to by a FN factory PS90 optic alone it cost $599. Yet there is no diff in price between a PS90 that has the factory optic and one that has the weaver style rail. Shouldn't the PS90 with the rail be at least a couple hundred less? Maybe they are and my dealer is not telling me the truth or maybe we'll buy them no matter what and FN knows it.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I've noticed that on a lot of the websites and in stores people are charging just about as much as anyone will possibly pay for a PS-90. Regardless of type.

I've seen them go for as high as $2000 lately. And I'm talking about a normal green PS-90, not the TR version.

To make it worse, every other time I see it on a website, they are calling it 'rare' or 'limited qualities.' Yet lately, it seems that there are hundreds, if not thousands of these on the market.

It seems that someone is really trying to make a rare commodities out of something which is a lot more common than people understand.

·
Registered
636 Posts
I paid 1499.99 before 6% tax not bad tanners in pa he has them on the gun broker also. this was the best price I could find.

·
Registered
15,562 Posts
abpt1 said:
I paid 1499.99 before 6% tax not bad tanners in pa he has them on the gun broker also. this was the best price I could find.
I paid $1499 as well. But, 2 months prior to buying my black one, I saw 1 vendor at a Houston gunshow wanting $2199 for a black one.... Highway robbery!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Just bought one. A standard black model and paid $1465 shipped

·
Registered
14 Posts
Oh mebbe in a year or 2 when Al gore's global warming gets hot enough to freeze hell over...................... :p
Actually I held one of those 1700.00 ones the other day and it just felt awkward as heck so Ill probably just buy more ammo for the AR :wink:

·
Registered
15,562 Posts
scooter said:
Oh mebbe in a year or 2 when Al gore's global warming gets hot enough to freeze hell over...................... :p
Actually I held one of those 1700.00 ones the other day and it just felt awkward as heck so Ill probably just buy more ammo for the AR :wink:
See to me, it is comfortable, and holding an AR feels awkward. But, to each his own.

·
Registered
857 Posts
My cost me $1800 in the great state of Maryland
I was at the York PA show and saw them for $1500
If you actually look at what the gun is, it's way over priced even at $1400.
Take a look at the Beretta Cx4 Storm - an extreamly solid gun constructed very much the same way at less then 1/2 the price

I really don't care what i paid - with the marylad AWB looming over our heads i grabed it and have no regrets

I have not even fired it yet and probably won't until the spring

·
Registered
35 Posts
The dealer information pipeline in this neck of woods really gets me upset and pissed sometimes regarding the PS90 and accessible supply. I still see sales guys at a local shop pushing this crap that thier company has to buy tens of thousands of dollars worth of FNH related firearms to aquire one or two PS90's.

All i said to the saes guy, your full of ****,.. change the story and save it for the eighteen year old morons.!!

When they do get these guns in the green model sells for about 1500.00, Black for 1600.00, TR for about 1630.00 and the USG model for a whooping 1800.00 smackers.

When i tried to special order two Black TR models for myself and my Brother last week the head sales guy gave me this cocky smart ass grin and made some condisending smart ass remark and shook his head, I just looked at his face and said business must be good to challange a gareeteed 3.5 k sale. I wonder if your boss is aware you are costing him some serious business. I have found simular attitudes when trying to order Colt LE AR15's. Its almost as bad as buying a new car these days. :cry:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Love the gun, hate the manufacturer!

I paid $1830 after taxes and felt ass-raped the whole time - it was "the last one in stock" from the supplier. No sling. No cleaning kit. Only a "practical storage box". Only one mag. Then to find that there is a spacer in the mag, limiting it to 30! What's up with that? And why design a spacer that makes you buy an eight dollar floorplate so that you can take advantage of the 50 round design? The overall finish on the weapon is poor. A little more time in the beadblaster and sander for a not-so-rough finish and a few less tool marks might make me feel happier about the cost. I don't have to talk about the sights, do I? Oh, and the LE/Mil version is about $500 less (never saw THAT coming!).

This angst is supported by the Beretta CX4 Storm that I have. Nearly $1200 cheaper (and it's a blowback system, too) and the finish is much nicer. The sights, while simple, are easily visible in all but low-light. Oh, it's not perfect either (the trigger keeps it out of the competition events for me), but the imperfections aren't underscored by a price tag that is always accompanied by a "it costs HOW MUCH?" response from anyone that fondles it.

·
Registered
15,562 Posts
Well, I have said it before on another thread. I do not regret my purchase and love the gun - but it should have been $900-$1000 MAX.

·
Registered
29 Posts
$900 that would include a lockable hard case, an extra mag (minus the crazy 30 rd spacer), a cleaning kit, a sling and a finish that doesn't look so rough.

The cool-as-hell sexiness is free.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I really lucked out on my two green PS90's when i received them both by arriving at the gun store at the right time during the first release date.

The dealer had special ordered about twenty of the guns for clients with ten percent down and advised the guns would be in by three to five months. Well these gans arrived earlier than expected, about two months early and about half of the guys that ordered them did not have the funds to cover the back end at this time.

The dealer had nine of them sitting in back and collecting dust and he needed to move them fast or loose on other deals. When i came in that store about two days later and wishing to special order a PS90 the dealer said i have a deal for you !!

How bout, 1350.00 for one and i about **** my pants, i was expecting to pay atleast 16 to 1800 back then and all i could do is say how many do you have at that price ??? The dealer smiled and said how many do you want.....

I had about two grand on me and a fresh Visa Gold Card and said i will take three of the bad boys, my hands were shaky but i was fell'in preety good. The dealer shook his head and threw in an extra 50 rounder for each gun and there for a momnet i was thinking of buying all of them but decided this impulse buying is going to sink my ass........

One hour later i was packing out three greenies and mags and some of the local gun nuts at the shop were jelious as hell and moaning like old woman. I gave one to my older brother for christmas last year and so far it been a good experience.

·
Registered
35 Posts
My Brother Billy, first opened his present and thought i was playing a pratical joke with him, he though it was an airsoft toy until i pulled it from the box and pulled the slide open and let it cycle on the empty magizine and hearing the dust cover open.

Billy's jaw dropped about three feet and staired at the green machine for about ten seconds and said the **** word so loud that his wife started laughing and the dogs were running behind the couch.

Everytime we watch SG-1 bill gets so damm excited and fetches his 90 like he is part of the show, We are both in our late fourties and still act like we were seventeen sometimes which drives our old ladies nutts. Bill's old lady told me its like having a Harley Davidson in the bedroom, he always showing it off, its like a second girl friend, haaaa.... :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So does anyone really know for sure what the dealer is paying for these guns? My dealer hooked me for another $200. because of the new painted site.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts