FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1.) Is the barrel crome lined?
2.) What is the best sighting system to replace the factory white ring sight with?
3.) Are there different generations of PS90's or has FN made any mod's since the PS was first released?

Thank you in advance for your input.

Will

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
Yes, the barrel is chromed lined.

I think the EOtech is the best system to replace it with. It also doesn't cost as much as the Aimpoint or the ACOG.

But on every site - there are threads about which is best - Aimpoint or EOtech. They both are great. It just comes down to personal preference.

As far as versions of the PS90 - no mods other than the Triple Rail, the white ringed site version and the black ringed sight version. Oh, and green and black stocks. There have been no recalls.

·
Premium Member
3,591 Posts
There was a slight change to how the flash hider was pinned on from current and early run PS90s.
Take a look at the flash hider of some early ones and a new one. You will see it.

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
tqtran said:
There was a slight change to how the flash hider was pinned on from current and early run PS90s.
Take a look at the flash hider of some early ones and a new one. You will see it.
Yea, I remember that. I didn't get into that because from my point of view, it doesn't matter.

Anything new U buy now will probably be the newest version. The original PS90s have more than likely been gobbled up. And, they would be mostly the early green ones.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have an early black one. I needs to write FN and see if they'll send me a manual, none was in my box. Took the stock apart once and it took me forever (like about a month) to figure out how the stupid dust cover went in.

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
Orbital said:
I have an early black one. I needs to write FN and see if they'll send me a manual, none was in my box. Took the stock apart once and it took me forever (like about a month) to figure out how the stupid dust cover went in.
E-mail them with your address and they will send U one. I needed a spare manual, and they did that.

·
Premium Member
3,591 Posts
ShipWreck said:
Yea, I remember that. I didn't get into that because from my point of view, it doesn't matter.
tpafl:
IIRC, the earlier ones where easier to SBR and save the barrel than the newers ones because of that.
But if you don't plan to SBR or collect it then as Shipwreck was pointing out it really doesn't matter. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts