FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and gals, I am lookingfor some help...I am looking to purchase a PS90 to stick in the back of my patrol car with my CAR-15...My agency requires us to qualify with the weapon with iron sights...after qualification we can use non magnified red dot sights,.....1st does the ps90 have true back up iron sights you can use???? 2nd is anyone out there using a tri-rail ps90 with iron sights?? if so what brand of sights??? finally is there any other L.E.O.'s using ps90's on duty??????

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
The tri rail does not have backup sights - the standard PS90 does. I have never tried to use them, however. They are not very good. I have read posts in the past from people who claimed the sights were off, and from others who claimed they worked well enough. All I can offer.

When I first shot a PS90, itw as from a local county attorney investigator (plain clothes police officer) who kept his in his vehicle as a truck gun. I don't know any uniformed officers who use it, though. I am sure there are some somewhere.

·
Vendor
5,653 Posts
Welcome!
When you order the PS90 make sure you order it with the USSS sight. It is an extra $200.00 but well worth it. The Presidents Secret Service use the P90. Since you are LE maybe your dept. can order the P90? :shock:

The back up iron sights are a little off but with some practice you will know how much to adjust for POI.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Personally if I were you. I would order the new triple rail. Then buy aftermarket iron sights. Then you can qualify with good sights and you know you can pass. Then you can add a red dot sight if you choose.

As mentioned also. Since you are LE I would definetly look into the P90. Surely you could get a letter to purchase. But you probably can't keep it if you quit or retire though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
who makes sights for the ps90??? I would think some companies like yhm folding sights would be way too close together......My agency does not like to do police letters for us because of the legalities if we get fired,retire or quit.........they have enough problems with our County commisioners as it is.....

·
Registered
170 Posts
That makes sense.

I don't know of any company myself that makes sights specifically for the PS90. But if you get the TR just about any AR flattop iron sight setup should work. But keep in mind the sight distance will be short.

Here is a picture of my TR with a Cmore you can see how short the top rail is. The Cmore takes it all up.

But maybe this guy can make you a longer rail type thing.
http://ps90forum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1514&highlight=

·
Premium Member
3,591 Posts
The PS90TR doesn't have any BUIS butthe PS90 and PS90USG does.
The two BUIS on the PS90 have a max range of 15 yards according to FN. This will explain why its off for most people.
If you must have iron sights, I would get a PS90 USG. Also get the FN top rail to go along with it until you are allowed to use the USSS sight. The FN top rail has an adjustible BUIS.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Forget the PS90!! And get a P90!!

You can order one through your department using a letterhead/form 5. Only downside is I bet your PD will make you pay for it and once you leave you can't take it with you, but a P90 would be so worth it 8)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts