FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went to a class 3 dealer asking questions about their suppressor and SBR when the owner went to the back and grab a SBR PS90. Now I just have a regular PS90 with a top rail for optics but was thinking about SBR'ing it. They want $2450 for theirs and they would offer to buy mine after seeing the condition. From what I can tell theirs have a USG black ring sight mounted on it. They also said the barrel was cut then threaded.

Do you guys think it's worth it? Everything is done already and I just have to do paperwork.

Thanks for your time/advise.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Unless it somehow has a factory P90 barrel or something I don't think its worth it... I don't know what you have tied up in yours but if can be done for ray less if you are cutting your own barrel... Also what is engraved on theirs for NFA purposes?

·
Registered
410 Posts
I would just get yours converted. You are going to have about the same time or maybe even more time buying from the dealer. With yours at least you know how well it has been took care of etc.. I mean yeah, it's a gun but still...

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
You have no idea what the whole story is with that barrel on the SBR. I would SBR my own if I were in your shoes purely out of fear of the unknown...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
DAWG - no stamping on it since they are class 3 dealer/manufacturer and i was told that the dealer would keep the gun once i apply for SBR stamp

jim - i told told by another dealer that once i apply for SBR, they will have to keep the gun

another question: is anyone making short barrel for them anymore? i know CMMG used to and i found hi-desertdog online (my other route is to find a new upper)

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Hell no to your first question, that is a ridiculous price

Currently no company makes barrels, just sbr yours, hell for the price they are asking you can buy 2 ps90's...

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
They say there is one born every minute. YOu can even send it off to Tros and let him do all the work for less than what they want.

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
No way....follow the advice of others....$1100 new ps90. $500 black ring sight. $180 chop from TROS with mount and adapter/shipping. A hell of a lot cheaper!

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Cheaper to SBR your own, and you get to put your own marking on it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts