FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got an Eform 1 approved (97 days). PS90 was chopped and 28 1/2 muzzle device was installed. I would like to be able to unscrew my flash hider by hand (instead of a thread protector) so that I can screw on a Sparrow II (when that is approved). I would also like the old style P90 flash hider look.

Is there a quality original P90 version looking flash hider (i.e A2) that can be screwed on to the 28 1/2 muzzle device? I have seen some airsoft ones but I am not sure about putting an airsoft anything on the firearm; Not to mention that they probably wont work since they appear to be a shroud.

Anyone have some experience with this?

-E

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
I have never seen one for what you are looking for. I can tell you that since I started using my sparrow on my PS90 I have not shot it unsuppressed.

If you find one let me know.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I'm using TROUSA's 12x1LH, 1/2x28 adapter.

You can put any 1/2x28 muzzle accessory on it. I have a YHM LMA quick disconnect on it. Still waiting on the suppressor however.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Question regarding the E-form. Is it only for people with Trusts? if not is there a link?

·
Registered
195 Posts
The problem with what you are looking for is indexing it properly.

The adapter it threads on to is indexed by the shelf that interfaces with the receiver. However, the flash hider you screw on to that would not index easily. It would require shimming each time.

For that reason, I think Tros and others offer something that is more symmetrical so that the indexing matters not, like an A2 that screws on to their adapter.

If someone comes up with a system, I want one as well.

The G5 Bilock is what I may go with, but that locks me into a Gemtech Bi-Lock suppressor. I don't mine that, but if I then want to use that suppressor on other weapons I need to fit them with bilocks.

·
Registered
4,907 Posts

The adapter it threads on to is indexed by the shelf that interfaces with the receiver. However, the flash hider you screw on to that would not index easily. It would require shimming each time.

For that reason, I think Tros and others offer something that is more symmetrical so that the indexing matters not, like an A2 that screws on to their adapter.

The G5 Bilock is what I may go with, but that locks me into a Gemtech Bi-Lock suppressor. I don't mine that, but if I then want to use that suppressor on other weapons I need to fit them with bilocks.
Not a problem at all, Two solutions is one a crush washer or two (I have used this with my AKs to tighten or index them) With a fine file keeping it flat on the work piece and rotating it constantly remove metal from the backside of the FH and check the work often. With this method you can get a FH to lock up tight and index properly.

Reactions: ESCAP0

·
Registered
195 Posts
Get ahold of the Quarter Circle 10, the other guy that is making the P90 style adapters, or TROS and see if they will make these. I'd probably be in for one.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

That is an excellent point. I did not think of that. I even have a JP Jam Nut so that the Sparrow lines up properly so there is no way a properly speced part like the one I want would line up correctly (if it even exists).

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not a problem at all, Two solutions is one a crush washer or two (I have used this with my AKs to tighten or index them) With a fine file keeping it flat on the work piece and rotating it constantly remove metal from the backside of the FH and check the work often. With this method you can get a FH to lock up tight and index properly.
This is a good idea but will not work for my purposes. I need the flash hider hand tightened (in leu of a thread protector), so that I can quickly remove it and put the Sparrow on.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Wow your using a Sparrow II. I figured it would get way too hot with 50rds of 5.7.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)

Ok, I found what I was looking for but there is no purchase link. Its not the older version P90 but it is the newer version which I can live with. Unfortunately since I have a jam nut to line up my Sparrow, like you said, it will not line up correctly. At least I know it exists:

p90_hdd_fnh_flash_hider-mz_dev_apart.600.jpg

I coincidentally saw it on the pictures under PS90 barrels on the hi-desertdog website under PS90 10.39 black barrels. (not sure if I am allowed to post external links so I edited).

-E

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Wow your using a Sparrow II. I figured it would get way too hot with 50rds of 5.7.
I have shot 200+ rounds through my sparrow in one sitting, it was not full auto but controlled and it performed perfectly, yes it got hot, but nothing close to a full auto dump.

The Stainless Sparrow is perfect for semi-auto fire on the ps90

1 - 15 of 15 Posts