FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
PS90 SBR with custom duracoat in midnight snakeskin

PS90 TR, SBR, Equipped with Aimpoint Micro T-1, GEMTEC SAR57 suppressor and custom duracoat paint job in Midnight Snakeskin...

photo 1.jpg photo 2.jpg FNH_2.jpg photo 5.jpg photo 8.JPG

·
Registered
33 Posts
PS90 TR, SBR, Equipped with Aimpoint Micro T-1, GEMTEC SAR57 suppressor and custom duracoat paint job in Midnight Snakeskin...
+2 Awesome!

I never really considered a custom paint job for my 90s but this is outstanding.

Did you send it out or do it yourself? Could you kindly tell me more about the duracoat that you used; does it hold up to the high heat after heavy use on the can & barrel?

Thanks

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Duracoat was recently finished and I have only put about 1k rounds through it. At this point I don't see any sign of any problems on the gun including the barrel or suppressor. Supposedly Duracoat lasts 2 lifetimes, so I'm hoping that is true...

I did a lot of research on Duracoat and ultimately sent my gun to GCNW primarily because of the level of attention to detail they put into their work:

Guncoat Northwest
POC: Andy Munson
[email protected]
(503) 650-0502
Guncoat Northwest

GCNW really does some insane work. You should take a look at their website...

Reactions: Sysop

·
Registered
90 Posts
Looks sweet. Is there a reason that you went with the SAR-57 Suppressor instead of the SFN-57. Gemtech doesn't recommend the heavier SAR on the PS90 and suggests the SAR for AR-57 only. Just curious. I have a PS90, FsN, and AR57. Trying to adapt the best way of using one tax stamp to suppress all three guns.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's interesting you ask this question because I never really thought about it that much. Initially, I was focused on the Gemtech G5, primarily because I liked the quick connect possibilities. When I called my local gun shop , they recommended I consider the SAR57 to keep the gun as light as possible becuase of the SAR57s "featherweight", so ultimately thats what I did. He indicated to me that the SAR57 is not recommended for the P90, but was compatible with the PS90, which if I recall correctly I verified with FN. Currently, I don't own a FiveSeven pitol, and up until recently I hadn't really considered purchasing one. However, now I'm on the hunt for one and I am a little bummed out that my SAR57 won't be compatible with it. To be honest with you, I really don't shoot my PS90 suppressed very often because it doesn't really cut the noise down that much due to velocity of the bullet, but more importantly, I love shooting the PS90 in SBR mode which is AWESOME (the gun is not that loud anyway). Having said that, at this point, I wished I had considered the SFN-57 a little closer so that I would have had the capability to suppress a FiveSeven pistol...I hope this helps, take care.

Reactions: recon77

·
Registered
194 Posts
Ok, I just got my PS90, and after a day of surfing I have the barrel quad rail, side rails, a coupler and now thinking of something like this. Will the madness ever end (Psst, I don't want it to end :))

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 22 Posts