FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought me a dandy lil PS90 at a gun show. Functions great.. Sights hard or imposible to adjust. Seem to be jammed in high poisition. Manual talks about an adjustment tool. Cant turn the allen screw I dont think.
Suggestions Please

jowho

·
Registered
268 Posts
Welcome!

I wrote this up on Wiki but apparently they banned "how-tos" so its in the discussion.

In order to adjust the point of impact to coincide with the point of aim, a 3-mm hex wrench is required. On the MC-10-80, there are two points of adjustment. The front (windage) allen screw holds down an adjustment screw. Loosen the allen screw and turn the adjustment screw CLOCKWISE to move the point of impact LEFT. Afterwards, tighten the allen screw and verify that the point of impact has been adjusted. Repeat this procedure for the rear adjustment (elevation). Turn the adjustment screw CLOCKWISE to move the point of impact UP. Proceed to zero out the sight at 50 yards using a nose-to-receiver cheek weld. The use of threadlocker on the threads of the allen set screws is not recommended. The adjustments are very coarse and should only be done in small increments to keep the shots on target.

When aiming at a target, the center 1 MOA dot of the daytime reticule should be your point of impact at 50 yards. If this is not the case, adjust the sight according to the instructions above and repeat the procedure until the point of impact coincides with the point of aim at 50 yards.

Remember to loosen both screws when adjusting to prevent binding.

Do NOT bother buying the $50 adjustment tool, it's a total waste of money. If anything, it should have been included FREE OF CHARGE with the PS90.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your very informative reply I guess I will have to work on these allen screws with some WD-40 to get these allen screws loose.
The manual that came with my PS90 stated the 30 round PS90 was simi auto and the fifty round is full auto. This is a mistake I assume.. My Ps90 is simi..
Again thanks for your assistance..

jowho

aka poacherjo

·
Registered
268 Posts
Yes it is a mistake. Your PS90 can use the 50rd mags so long as it is legal in your state. Some states limit the magazines to 15, 20, or 30 rd.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
metroplex said:
Yes it is a mistake. Your PS90 can use the 50rd mags so long as it is legal in your state. Some states limit the magazines to 15, 20, or 30 rd.

I talked to a guy at the Orlando gun show and he explained the magazine set up on the PS90. I thought only the 50 round would fit special guns and thirty round special guns.. Seems all the mags are the same length and have a blocker in them for totsl round. All magazines fit all guns.. I see mmagazines forsale for about fifty bucks..
My gun is a FUN DUN.. :shock:

·
Registered
268 Posts
The mags will work on all P90/PS90s. The 10rd mags are permanently sealed, while the 30rd mags can be converted to 50rd with a different lock plate (www.magazineparts.com), and 50rd mags can be used on PS90s but check your local laws first.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts