FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it just became legal for civilians to own silencers in Missouri once the proper fees and papers are in order. :shock:

So, who here has experience with such things and can let me in on what I should be looking for?

·
Banned
2,293 Posts
Ashman said:
Well, it just became legal for civilians to own silencers in Missouri once the proper fees and papers are in order. :shock:

So, who here has experience with such things and can let me in on what I should be looking for?
First off.....do you have a short barrel on the weapon? First thing I did was file for a Form 1. That was pretty fundamental for me. I just couln't get used to that long barrel on the PS90.

Knowing that I was going to eventually get a suppressor I purchased the Gemtech Bi-lock flash hider. I knew that this would allow me to attach my Gemtech G5 to the weapon with a push and quarter turn. Pretty sweeeeeet I must say.

I am really happy with the G5 and Bi-lock. The short barrel was a must-do for me personally. Why not go first class if you are going to own an exotic weapon?

How it attaches:

·
Banned
2,293 Posts
Thanks man.

I have heard that same opinion as well....on the suppressor forums the vast majority saw little difference. Sure, there were devout passionate opinions for both cans.... Overall, the opinion seemed pretty neutral.

Therefore the Gemtech won out due to the attachment system integrated into the can.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
ICK- THAT IS SICK! You are the reason why im getting another '90 and doing that to it!! THANKS ALOT lol!! :?

·
Registered
408 Posts
Just got the call today that my paperwork is in, and I can go pick up my G5. Nice lookin' gun you got there Ick, mine will look just like it in a few weeks.

Zhur

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Ehhh I hate you too....Lol j/k

·
Registered
32 Posts
Spectre

Feel free to check out the thread where I wrote up the SWR Spectre suppressor I picked up for use on my PS90 among others.

http://www.ps90forum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8117
(p.s. the suppressor is with fully sonic ammo, not subsonics, which I need to get still)

One thing I would really consider is what other guns you might want to shoot with your suppressor. If you already have a 5.56 that you would want to use the G5 on, then by all means, stretch your buying dollar and get that.

If you do not already have a .22 suppressor, the Spectre is great as you can shoot .17hmr or .17Mach2, .22LR and .22mag, and 5.7x28. I guarantee that you will end up using a suppressed .22 more than any other, just due to the cost of ammo.

If you can, go listen to some suppressors, many people are suprised at the sound after being trained by hollywood for so long that they are nearly silent.

Also, find a good C3 dealer to help you. Let us know if you need some recommendations.

Cheers!

Onyx

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Yea thats honkin sexy! :? :shock:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts