FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where you can obtain spare parts for the PS90? I'm looking at my hammer group, and it's ofcourse completely made of plastic, while it's held up so far, and I haven't heard of any issues it still makes me nervouse, I'de like to have a few spare parts for the hammer group handy in case it ever breaks, or better yet just a complete spare hammer group so I can make a repair fast if need be. I know FN is supposed to have excelent customer service, and if a part does break, I'll take advantage of that, however I'de like to have some spare critical parts on hand just incase I should need them in a hurry, that, and I'm impatiant :-D, the turn around time sending it back to FN would drive me nuts. :-D

So does anyone know where I can get some spare hammer group parts/an entire spare hammer group?

Also what about the extractor ejector, and some of the springs?

Are any spare parts even available?

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Hey, no need to double post in 2 different areas.

Right now, FN would be the only place to buy what you are asking - if they are even willing to sell any parts. They seem to be selling stuff for the FS2000 now. So, maybe....

CMMG has a P90 parts kit, but they want $1999 for the damn thing.

So, U would have to call FN and see what they are willing to sell.

I seriously doubt U will get anything for the hammer group, unfortunately.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Small_Arms_Collector said:
Does anyone know where you can obtain spare parts for the PS90? I'm looking at my hammer group, and it's ofcourse completely made of plastic, while it's held up so far, and I haven't heard of any issues it still makes me nervouse, I'de like to have a few spare parts for the hammer group handy in case it ever breaks, or better yet just a complete spare hammer group so I can make a repair fast if need be. I know FN is supposed to have excelent customer service, and if a part does break, I'll take advantage of that, however I'de like to have some spare critical parts on hand just incase I should need them in a hurry, that, and I'm impatiant :-D, the turn around time sending it back to FN would drive me nuts. :-D

So does anyone know where I can get some spare hammer group parts/an entire spare hammer group?

Also what about the extractor ejector, and some of the springs?

Are any spare parts even available?
I feel the same drives me crazy that I have no spare parts for either my PS90 or FS2000 I have tried everywhere no parts and FNH won't sell you any "If it breaks send it back" was my reply from them.....

Crazy that a company won't even sell basic parts if I had to do over don't know that I would buy from FNH...

JMO

RAndy

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Well, in the FS2000 section, someone posted info about some FS2000 parts being available for sale now by FN. Maybe they are slowly changing - don't know...

·
Registered
302 Posts
My FS2k will be the only rifle I dont have spare parts for, and I dont like that at all.. if it came down to SHTF stuff I would grab M4 over this rifle just due to the fact I dont have spare extractors for it where I have a package of 10 for all my AR's. But then again, thats not what I got this weapon for if the first place. I may even get a PS-90 if spare parts where around for it and easy to get.

Come on FN help out us paranoid people. :D

·
Registered
22 Posts
Promoted Pawn said:
You can take comfort in the fact that if something breaks FN will fix.
Until the ban that's already in congress is passed, it covers all spare parts.
If you don't have any you won't be able to get it fixed.

Randy

·
Banned
58 Posts
That's a bit alarmist.

For that to be true, it would mean that FN would have to cease all production of parts related to the PS90 or P90.

I don't see that happening.

·
Banned
58 Posts
That may well be the best answer. Randy is right about that for sure, there is a bill in congress as we speak.

Selfish as this may be, having this weapon 'banned' is exactly going to anger everyone. These puppies will skyrocket in value.

:shock:

·
Registered
302 Posts
The HR 10.22 bill that he's talking about will keep you from ever buying or selling an "Assault weapon" or high cap mag. No makeing money off this ban with our preban H&K 91, and 94's :cry:

·
Registered
131 Posts
We will see

I think we will not see a push for the passing of such bills till after the presidential election. The gun grabbers are not going to risk losing millions of votes do to legislation passed by there comrades. So, pray to what ever God you believe in and vote accordingly to keep a democrat or liberal from obtaining the oval office ! If they do, all of us are going to lose more than just our gun rights !

·
Registered
22 Posts
ElCidTx said:
That's a bit alarmist.

For that to be true, it would mean that FN would have to cease all production of parts related to the PS90 or P90.

ElCidTx
Hr10.22 the bill I was talking about covers all parts for ban guns FNH by law will not be able to sell or repair any gun on the list. Please everyone read the bill it goes far beyond anything they have ever tried to pass, it covers about every semi auto and all parts

It scares the hell out of me.....

Randy

·
Registered
125 Posts
I'm betting that after the FS2000 has been on the market for 30 years like the AR platform there will be spare parts available for it. I think we're lucky to have these guns available to us at all. And no, I am not an FNH employee :D

·
Registered
131 Posts
Exactly

randy329 said:
ElCidTx said:
That's a bit alarmist.

ElCidTx
Hr10.22 the bill I was talking about covers all parts for ban guns FNH by law will not be able to sell or repair any gun on the list. Please everyone read the bill it goes far beyond anything they have ever tried to pass, it covers about every semi auto and all parts

It scares the hell out of me.....

Randy
All here and abroad need to take this bill seriously ! Infact I know where the liberal senater found it, check the German history musium of the Third Riech ! This is the very same type of legislation passed by Hitler in order to disarm the public of his time. If you speak German, it reads damn near word for word as his law. I can not beleive we allow people like this into office, also if you notice the bill is supported by all the usual bleeding heart Dem's ! This is utter BS and I hope to god people in this country wake up and realize what is going on here !

·
Registered
22 Posts
septo said:
I'm betting that after the FS2000 has been on the market for 30 years like the AR platform there will be spare parts available for it. I think we're lucky to have these guns available to us at all. And no, I am not an FNH employee :D
LUCKY? FNH as caved at every corner, first they restrict the ammo, then they change the hammer group without warning and you can't even buy an extractor for it.... I don't feel LUCKY I feel screwed let's not forget the new firing pin sucks ( FS2K) and misfires about 30% of time and no fix yet
oh yea and it cost me $2300

I hate to say it cause I own three FNH's but If the SHTF I'll grab my AR's with parts that I can replace.....

·
Banned
58 Posts
I worked on capitol hill for a summer(in retrospect, I'm not hugely proud of that, but it WAS a learning experience), and I can tell you that the NRA carries a ton of clout. Any nutjob can write a bill. Lots of crazy bs bills are written and sponsored and end up in the trash heap.

Now, before I say this, I want to point out that I've dropped the word '*****' from my vocabulary and now just stick with "lady senator from new york'(more apt, descriptive), but I'm not going to panic until I see actual calls for debate on the house floor about this bill. The kook congressfolk just don't scare me.

There is quite a bit of backroom jockeying that is probably playing out about this, and it's a little early to hit the panic button.

·
Registered
131 Posts
ElCidTx said:
I worked on capitol hill for a summer(in retrospect, I'm not hugely proud of that, but it WAS a learning experience), and I can tell you that the NRA carries a ton of clout. Any nutjob can write a bill. Lots of crazy bs bills are written and sponsored and end up in the trash heap.

Now, before I say this, I want to point out that I've dropped the word '*****' from my vocabulary and now just stick with "lady senator from new york'(more apt, descriptive), but I'm not going to panic until I see actual calls for debate on the house floor about this bill. The kook congressfolk just don't scare me.

There is quite a bit of backroom jockeying that is probably playing out about this, and it's a little early to hit the panic button.
Its easy to get spare parts for the PS 90, just buy as many of them as I have ! Then there will always be a spare one in the safe !

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
tgr934x4 said:
Its easy to get spare parts for the PS 90, just buy as many of them as I have ! Then there will always be a spare one in the safe !
THat is the super expensive way :lol:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts