FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am interested in a suppressor for my PS90. Im looking for opinions on various models of silencers and feedback on them. Let me know guys. Its very important it works with other calibers.

·
Registered
8,482 Posts
Try looking here. Silencershop.com
u want A 22lr can, or a 9mm can. Start thinking that way. 5.7x28 is a unique round. U could use a 5.56 can but they are heavy.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I was considering a Surefire SOCOM 556 for my .223, .22LR, and the PS90 since I already have compatible brakes on the first two...anyone try that configuration with their PS90?

Try looking here. Silencershop.com
u want A 22lr can, or a 9mm can. Start thinking that way. 5.7x28 is a unique round. U could use a 5.56 can but they are heavy.

·
Vendor
3,283 Posts
I was just looking at cans last weekend , I'm at a 5.7 / .22 specific can due to size & weight. I really can't make up my mind and am also trying to wait for a budd to decide what he wants also. If you get a chance go to a dealer and start picking up the cans , the weight of the 5.56 is the drawback, at least for me... but I did want a multi-platform can to begin with. I would look at the SWR Spectre also, the ability to disassemble is becoming a value to me as my current YHM can gets alot of usage. ( I can't disassemble )
just my .02

·
Registered
192 Posts
I was considering a Surefire SOCOM 556 for my .223, .22LR, and the PS90 since I already have compatible brakes on the first two...anyone try that configuration with their PS90?
This is what I use on my ps90. I also have a spectre II, but I wanted to have a flash hider mounted on the rifle for when firing unsuppressed since the ps90 isn't a dedicated suppressor host for me. I also think that the .22 can looks strange on the end of the gun. The socom wouldn't be a good option for .22 though. First, you should look for a user serviceable can for .22 as you will lead up the can, and also the socom is just too heavy for how light most .22 rifles are (not to mention how ridiculous it would be on the end of a .22 pistol). I very much prefer the spectre II for .22lr if you don't mind the 8 oz of a stainless .22 can (I also own a Silencerco Sparrow and an AAC element2 as well).

·
Registered
317 Posts
Went with the Huntertown 5.56 Kestrel myself becuase it comes apart to be cleaned and I wanted to use it with 22LR as well. I am going to treat the baffles to see if that helps make it easier to clean and stand up to 5.56 muzzle blast. The only thing I wished it had are QD adapters for YHM or AAC muzzle brakes.

·
Registered
34 Posts
First, I would echo again not to use a sealed can for .22 due to buildup. I have a spectre II and love it. I plan to use it for the 5.7 but mine is still in BATF jail.

·
Banned
2,963 Posts
The SS Sparrow is great for 22lr, not so much for 5.7.. I would not run 22lr through a sealed can..The lead buildup is impressive to say the leasy.. Good thing with the SS Sparrow is the baffle stack is Stainless Steel and not Aluminum, just drop it in the 50/50 dip (50% vinegar and 50% hydrogen peroxide) soak for 12 hours and depending on how bad it is :th_confused0068: empty and refill for another 12 hours and it will wipe right off. The solution is HIGHLY TOXIC AFTER THE LEAD IS DISOLVED IN IT!!! Wear gloves when wiping it down and you have to find a place that will take the SH*T you just made.. it does work great.. Do not use on aluminum as it will etch it.. If you have not had the great pleasure yet of cleaning a 22lr can after even 500 rounds let alone 1000+ you are in for a surprise. ..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts