FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Here is what I put together. Kinda heavy and unbalanced with the magnifier. I think I might remove the magnifier and use it on another project.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I had been wondering if there was room to add magnification on that rail, I see you've answer my question. But I agree, it sure does seem like a bit much. Nice all the same.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
phixeus said:
I had been wondering if there was room to add magnification on that rail, I see you've answer my question. But I agree, it sure does seem like a bit much. Nice all the same.
I searched and searched before I got the 512 and the 3X too see if there are enough positions on the TR to support this combo but I couldn't find an answer. Hopefully the above pictures will help out other folks.

The 512 sticks out about 2 rail positions to get the 3X to fit. A 5X1 would fit perfectly on the TR's top rail. The TLR-2 with the Critical Dimensions 5 position side rail barely clears the 512...but it works.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Is that the quick-detach 3X or the side flip? If it's the side flip, it flips to the right side and stops about 3 o'clock, correct?

I'm thinking about doing this almost exact setup (552.XR308 instead of the 512.A65) with a future FAL. Can I get with you offline to talk about the 512/3X combo?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts