FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like an extra inch or two to mount a night vision MUM 14 (a mountable mini monocular) behind my Eotech 552. Any suggestions? If this is already posted I'm sorry,but could not find it.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
You can get extended rail from mag parts and i think critical dimensions....

·
Registered
426 Posts
Sorry to say, but no such rail extension is available yet for the PS90TR.
There may be room for one of these Flip-In/Flip-Out mounting brackets.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
I could have sworn that one of the sponsors had extended top rail for this and i thought i picked one up with my quad rail from mag parts...maybe im wrong ill have to check and see when i get home

·
Registered
475 Posts
if you can't find it from one of our sponsors what about something like a larue tacitcal EO Tech QD LT-110 mount. It's a throw lever mount with and extra piece of rail so you can mount a magnifier or night vision behind the unit. My only worry would be the location of your buttons on the 552 facing to the rear.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Im not sure if that would work or not..... :evil:

·
Registered
475 Posts
just going off what their website had listed, i don't own one but it specifically stated you could mount a pvs 14 night vision unit behind the EO Tech unit.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
its been done, ive seen it bf several times

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks all. Until a top rail extension is available I have solved my problem by replacing the Eotech 552 with a 551 which is 1 in. shorter. I know I trade off the AA batteries and battery life, but I can mount the NV behind it. I will post pics when I get it set up.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hey, I was on the Ring Sights website and they make an NVG mount that goes on the P90 so I am assuming that it will work on the PS90.

Here is the link: http://www.ringsights.com/Products/sights/SightsDesc/cosimun.htm

They show what appears to be similar to the Military Issue PVS-14 behind the factory installed ring sight. I can't realy tell how it is attached but it looks like it has something to do with the hole that you would mount the REM in. Might be worth looking into.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts