FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a local ps90 tri-rail for $1280 out the door. Is this a good deal?

gun is black, never been fired, does not come with box.

·
Registered
225 Posts
just don't tell that to the one you're buying it from! you are lucky, I paid almost this much for my standard, I was looking for a tri-rail but got impatient and caved for the standard. Still happy with it but would still have rather had one.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
As soon as i get paid and pick the rifle up i will check the trigger pack, hoping for a gen 1! but not too confident, they seem to be very hard to find. Now that i think about it, did they even make a gen 1 tri-rail???

·
Registered
494 Posts
I don't think it will be a Gen 1 but you do have a good chance at it being a Gen 2. That is pretty valuable in itself. The hard part is finding a replacement/ spare Gen 3 at a reasonable price. But don't worry about crossing that bridge until you get to it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
As far as modifying the gun, i.e. new trigger, extended charging handle, maybe sbr un the future, etc. Would it be better to just leave the gun alone, or customize a little when it comes to value??

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Congrats on a great deal!!!

·
Registered
494 Posts
As far as modifying the gun, i.e. new trigger, extended charging handle, maybe sbr un the future, etc. Would it be better to just leave the gun alone, or customize a little when it comes to value??
You cam always put it back to original and sell the aftermarket parts separately. SBR is like marriage to the gun, it's cheaper to keep her. Really though you will lose money and it will be hard to sell if you SBR because of the process involved with buying and selling NFA items.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just picked up the gun, and its a Gen 2!!!

AGG: The serial number on mine is 635xx, and its got the black hammer so I'm pretty positive its a gen 2. ill attach some picture of the trigger pack to be sure. Thanks for all the advice everyone!

View attachment 91073

1 - 20 of 22 Posts