FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at the range the other day and somebody who (probably) knows more than me said my PS90 was worth more than the average bear because its a 3 Railed PS90. I figured you guys would know more about it than me. DSC_0265.JPG DSC_0266.JPG DSC_0267.JPG

·
Premium Member
9,713 Posts
They quit making the Tri-rail about three years ago. As for value, I suppose it comes down to how much somebody wants one. I will say I really like mine.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Great looking tri-rail!
I would have liked to have one, but none of my local stores could even get one, not even a used one. So I had to settle for one with the third iron sight peep under the picatinny rail.

Seems like you're enjoying your PS90 in the midst of Wataburger, Jack-in-the-Box, and a good supply of Pepsi!

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Supply and demand.

What's one willing to pay for it.

No longer offered by FNH at this time.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
YUP Lol
Great looking tri-rail!
I would have liked to have one, but none of my local stores could even get one, not even a used one. So I had to settle for one with the third iron sight peep under the picatinny rail.

Seems like you're enjoying your PS90 in the midst of Wataburger, Jack-in-the-Box, and a good supply of Pepsi!

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
I want to say that the Tri Rails have became scarce... I have paid varrying amounts for mine depending on what came with them.
For me they have value because the rail sits a little lower than the standard w/ mounting options... ( closer to the bore ) and it was easier for me to collect these than the lets say " laser stocks '... which I probably will never see.... I have friends with some of the best collections and only know of a few that have them ( Laser stocks ) . When I had became interested in the platform I was way late in the game as far as the PS was concerned... it was already out for a decade.... so being in the not made anymore class... I decided that I needed more than 1 .

I will share a secret that I have learned if anyone is looking for a PS Tri rail. There are 2 places in addition to FNF that have been beneficial.
1) FNF market place... if a member posts 1 up even if it is high priced.... you have to jump on it.
No one is going to give away a Gen 2 pack in a Tri now a days... cheap.
A) Local pawn shops or gun dealers
B) Gun broker

Sometimes you find Tri's on Gb listed as a normal PS ... it is sometimes only the keen eye that spot what it is.
Then regarding local pawn shops... they get guns traded in from time to time... since they are in the wholssale turn around end of things ... specific value's to us collectors they may know nothing about.

Just my .02 for the day.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well that was a lot of information I did not have before, thanks for the info. I'm not planning on selling it I love it too much for that (even if my wallet does cry a little every time i pull the trigger). I carry it as my Patrol Rifle at work. I was lucky enough to just happen across this one and paid about a grand for it total. But like i said i was just curious about what the guy at the range said. And you guys delivered in rare form! Thanks for all the help guys :)
I want to say that the Tri Rails have became scarce... I have paid varrying amounts for mine depending on what came with them.
For me they have value because the rail sits a little lower than the standard w/ mounting options... ( closer to the bore ) and it was easier for me to collect these than the lets say " laser stocks '... which I probably will never see.... I have friends with some of the best collections and only know of a few that have them ( Laser stocks ) . When I had became interested in the platform I was way late in the game as far as the PS was concerned... it was already out for a decade.... so being in the not made anymore class... I decided that I needed more than 1 .

I will share a secret that I have learned if anyone is looking for a PS Tri rail. There are 2 places in addition to FNF that have been beneficial.
1) FNF market place... if a member posts 1 up even if it is high priced.... you have to jump on it.
No one is going to give away a Gen 2 pack in a Tri now a days... cheap.
A) Local pawn shops or gun dealers
B) Gun broker

Sometimes you find Tri's on Gb listed as a normal PS ... it is sometimes only the keen eye that spot what it is.
Then regarding local pawn shops... they get guns traded in from time to time... since they are in the wholssale turn around end of things ... specific value's to us collectors they may know nothing about.

Just my .02 for the day.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hmmmm, I have a triple rail with a Gen 2 trigger pack. It's got about 1000 rounds through it. What's it worth (ballpark) with 450 rds of ammo and 3 50-rd mags?

·
Premium Member
21,737 Posts
Hmmmm, I have a triple rail with a Gen 2 trigger pack. It's got about 1000 rounds through it. What's it worth (ballpark) with 450 rds of ammo and 3 50-rd mags?
If you're looking to sell it list it in the classifieds section.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'd say the tri-rails are definitely worth an extra 400-500$ at least, based on them no longer being in production. That seemed to be about the norm for what I saw when I was scouring far and wide to determine which ps90 I was going to make my very own

·
Premium Member
21,737 Posts
Wrong place for your link. You can post it in the external links section of the classifieds.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts