FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I asked the guy that makes the Steyr AUG trigger tamer if he could make one for the PS90 and supplied him with photographs of my hammer group. He said it didn't look feasible, but I'm not sure if any other developments are in the works for the PS90.

http://steyr_aug.homestead.com/TriggerTammer.html

I would really like a 3-5 lb pull on my PS90 instead of the stock 7.5 lb pull.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
metroplex said:
I would really like a 3-5 lb pull on my PS90 instead of the stock 7.5 lb pull.
Ill look into it, it shouldnt be that hard :lol: .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!

I realize that you probably don't get a lot of feedback on this, but mainly because most PS90 owners don't shoot their PS90s much or don't realize the trigger pull is very bad.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,531 Posts
Ok, So I thought I was gonna take the trigger pack apart. I hate to admit this, but all I managed to get out is the main spring - which by the way - is going to be a biatch to get back in.

The lower pin that the whole assembly rides on refuses to budge and I'd hate to use a hammer to get it out. I will have to do some more digging on the internet to find out what the retention mechanism is behind that pin.

Anyways, got the main spring out - now it's just a matter of the vise vs my plyers and we will have a 3lb trigger.

I will not post the findings untill I find out how to get the damn spring back behind the hammer lock.

An interesting thing I found while fooling around with the locking mechanism. Take the green hammer lock on hold it back. Then cycle the action as if though a bolt was riding on top of it. Notice what happens when a round would get chambered and the disconnector gets tripped by the bolt.

-TH
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
980 Posts
Halo Mfg said:
metroplex said:
I would really like a 3-5 lb pull on my PS90 instead of the stock 7.5 lb pull.
Ill look into it, it shouldnt be that hard :lol: .
Hi Halo.

After weakening the spring check to see if you can make the hammer fall by striking the butt of the weapon. That's what happened when we got our trigger weight down to a comfortable level.

Nick
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
I would say getting a lighter trigger pull would greatly increase the shooters accuracy and make for a more popular weapon

Smoke
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
Therm -

The lower pin on the hammer pack cannot be removed due to a blind pin that is installed in the disconnector (approximately 1 mm diameter). This pin is located on the lower left side of the disconnector and may be seen just below the hammer spring detent when the disconnector is pulled a little bit forward by hand. I guess that the folks at FN do not want this sear/disconnector assembly removed from the hammer pack (for reasons that are obvious).
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,531 Posts
msw362 said:
Therm -

The lower pin on the hammer pack cannot be removed due to a blind pin that is installed in the disconnector (approximately 1 mm diameter). This pin is located on the lower left side of the disconnector and may be seen just below the hammer spring detent when the disconnector is pulled a little bit forward by hand. I guess that the folks at FN do not want this sear/disconnector assembly removed from the hammer pack (for reasons that are obvious).
Ah- that makes sense. Many thanks for that update. I put the original spring back according to MPF instructions.

Cheers,

-TH
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I would like a lighter trigger pull, but how easy is it to go back to a 100% stock trigger pack in case I need to send in my PS90 for repairs under warranty?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23 Posts
looking at the fire control group there is an alarming about of plastic on plastice parts including the sear. I will say that I have felt worse triggers but this one could be vastly improved with a new sear/hammer that useds materials with more lubricity.

So it sounds like the pack is not user serviceable?...Damn!
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top