FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PS90 Weapon Control Device Kit : Other Gun Accessories & Parts at GunBroker.com

What.The.F.

"The concept behind this device is to turn a standard PS90 into a remote control that transmits a signal used to effect the environment around its user. By giving the weapon a digital voice it enables the user to control lighting conditions, monitor the status of the firearm, detect motion and movement of a firearm, activate weapons mounted accessories and much more. By linking the activation of these networked accessories and electronics it allows the user to focus on the use of the firearm itself. The system requires no permanent modification to the weapon and can be installed with an 1/8 inch wrench. These have a rechargeable polymer lithium ion battery. This kit includes the electronics board and charger and a wall outlet adapter which allows the user to plug in a lamp or other electronic device that they can then activate from the arming or moving of their weapon. This is an entry level kit and any number of additions of accessories can be added at a later date. The system has a "pairing" capability so additional guns can be added to a network as well. These systems are reprogrammable by the end user. If you want the gun to sound an alarm or a tone when it activates the network you can allow it to do that, if you want the gun to be silent when it arms the network there is a program for that as well. If you want the gun to activate the network when it's moved rather than when the selector switch is armed you can program it to do so. Reprogramming does not require removal of the electronics from the weapon. Simply point the gun upward and toggle the selector switch 3 times in 3 seconds or less and the system goes into a programming mode. Once in programming mode there are a list of programming options toggle the selector switch again to the number that corresponds to the program you desire and the weapon will beep the number of the selected program. return the gun to its normal position and the programming is done. We will be adding a link to a video that shows the installation and use of this system within the next couple days. "

·
Premium Member
9,524 Posts
Hmm, it looks like it would give me the ability to do all the things I never really had a desire to. But then again, maybe I just don't get it.

All in all, it sounds like money much better spent on ammo or mags or maybe a really nice hat.

Reactions: BigBuckeyeGuy

·
Registered
431 Posts
ok i think i get it. so basicly i could set lights in the house to activate if (as a home defense weapon) i go from safe to hot. so if i hear something in the house i can creep out into a room and hit my selector and the living room lights come on no mater if the light switch is by the kitchen. interesting, but limited use imo. now you could use it as a programmable detonator.....

Reactions: teamsuzukigsxr

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
my Phillips Hue lightbulbs and we-mo light switches with motion detection from APPLE accomplish this...walk in the room and bam the light comes on....shake your iPhone and bam the entertainment system comes on......this seems a little crazy...IMO.

ok i think i get it. so basicly i could set lights in the house to activate if (as a home defense weapon) i go from safe to hot. so if i hear something in the house i can creep out into a room and hit my selector and the living room lights come on no mater if the light switch is by the kitchen. interesting, but limited use imo. now you could use it as a programmable detonator.....

·
Registered
431 Posts
i agree limited use...on a side note apple products are banned from my PC home. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It is a very strange listing. I asked the seller to explain, will come back and report if / what I hear back.

The seller has quite a bit of very good feedback, which is what makes it confusing.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Seriously???

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
That product is STOOPID!!!

Just sayin'

Reactions: fn1234

·
Registered
241 Posts
There needs to be a TV remote control version so I have an excuse to have mine in my lap while I'm sitting in the living room. If the neighbor, UPS man, etc. comes to the door and you answer, you can then diffuse their panicked look with "oh, this is just my TV remote..... looks real doesn't it?

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Just speak commands directly into the PS90...

"Help, I've fallen and I can't get up."

"Call 911"

"Start car"

"Find Hotel"

"Shoot Bad Guy"

"4+2"

Truly the most advanced weapon system ever.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
This guy's setup is behind the times. I already have my Ps90 on a set of tracks for primary mobility, and a hexacopter frame will take it airborne when necessary.

It is a completely autonomous weapon system.

It needs no 'Light'.

It destroys the enemy in complete darkness.

While I sleep.

Don't buy this garbage. It's last years technology.

·
Registered
3,284 Posts
Only thing I would like is this.... That I would have a use for.
This would be cool.... and NO, I don't play video games.... EVER !

b7ZlC.jpg

Reactions: fn1234

·
Registered
876 Posts
Out of all the strange products I've come across this is number one. Even if it turns on the lights like suggested who would spend the time and money developing this device. Not to mention the printed cardboard packaging. It's so strange I am at a lose for words. This is truly the Rube Goldberg of ANY gun accessory!

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
This guy's setup is behind the times. I already have my Ps90 on a set of tracks for primary mobility, and a hexacopter frame will take it airborne when necessary.

It is a completely autonomous weapon system.

It needs no 'Light'.

It destroys the enemy in complete darkness.

While I sleep.

Don't buy this garbage. It's last years technology.
Sorry, but you are behind the times, LOL.

Current state of the art is the Octacopter with 22 lbs of lift capability.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts