FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I'm curious what a fully loaded (50-round mag) PS90 w/ EOTech sight weights versus a fully loaded (30-round mag) AR-15 w/ collapsible stock and Aimpoint sight. I don't suppose there's any members who happen to have both of these setups, is there? *crosses fingers*

P.S. I'd also be interested in the results if a SBR PS90 is used.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I can answer part of that: PS90 w/Eotech 512, MagazineParts optics rail, TLR-1 taclight w/tapeswitch, Laserex P90 internal laser, loaded 50rd mag (SS197), 2 spare AA batteries & 2 spare CR-123 batteries comes to right at 8lbs or just a bit over (average result of 10 attempts on a non-digital bathroom scale). One thing to remember is that the PS90 is less fatigueing because its short OAL keeps the weight in closer than an AR. HTH...
Tomac

·
Registered
170 Posts
Overall weight isn't as important as one might believe. The real difference is when you have to carry 300 rounds of ammo around all the time loaded in magazines. Why do you think our troops use .223 instead of .308? The PS90 or P90 will always be lighter.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Overall weight isn't as important as one might believe. The real difference is when you have to carry 300 rounds of ammo around all the time loaded in magazines. Why do you think our troops use .223 instead of .308? The PS90 or P90 will always be lighter.
Weight is one of the main reasons I chose the PS90. My BO setup w/PS90, FN57, rations, water, basic survival gear, boots, knife, etc and 660rds of 5.7 ammo weighs in right at 40lbs. Even at my advanced age I can hump that all day.
Tomac

·
Registered
395 Posts
Cool setup Tomac!

:shock:

·
Registered
569 Posts
Cool setup Tomac!
:shock:
Thx! It's only taken me over 30yrs to get it "just right"!... ::FF::