FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I just picked up my Sparrow SS a few days ago and I was wondering if it would harm the silencer to just screw it on as far as it goes without a spacer? What are some of the ways you all handle the threading on the tip of a SBR PS90? Spacers, thread protectors of a certain size, silencerco's solution, etc...?

Thanks - Escap0

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
I used a gemtech spacer. .22 caliber threads are .400 where larger calibers i.e. 5.56 are .500 long, without the spacer you will screw the can on so far it will hit the baffles and cause damage. The spacer is .100 thick and cost about $15

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Hi all,

I just picked up my Sparrow SS a few days ago and I was wondering if it would harm the silencer to just screw it on as far as it goes without a spacer? What are some of the ways you all handle the threading on the tip of a SBR PS90? Spacers, thread protectors of a certain size, silencerco's solution, etc...?

Thanks - Escap0
It depends on how your short barrel is threaded. If its the standard 1/2x28 0.6" thread length for a 5.56, use spacer as others have stated, or 0.4" for 22lr just thread on can. If its threaded FN's 10mmx1 thread spec like the 5.7 pistol, I'd get the Silencerco adapter?

Does anybody know if the Ruger 10/22 tactical is gtg with the sparrow SS without the spacer???
It needs a spacer, don't use the crush washer that's behind the flash suppressor.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It depends on how your short barrel is threaded. If its the standard 1/2x28 0.6" thread length for a 5.56, use spacer as others have stated, or 0.4" for 22lr just thread on can. If its threaded FN's 10mmx1 thread spec like the 5.7 pistol, I'd get the Silencerco adapter?
It is a 28x1/2 standard AR15 length. I should have mentioned that in the first post. - Escap0

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you for this. This is a fantastic product. I received it, screwed the spacer right on. Screwed on a thread protector (shorter than AR15 standard) that I happened to have lying around and it fit perfectly. I removed thread protecter and screwed on Sparrow and it all lined up perfectly.

The traction groves on the outside of the spacer is a great feature.

This set up is minimalist and functional.

-escap0

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
Awesome thread. Had no idea.
Thankfully my class III dealer warned me of this when I bought my Sparrow. He told me most all 22 pistols are good to go, but almost all 22 rifles need a spacer (which he thought was absolutely stupid since the vast majority of threaded 22 rifles will never have a 5.56 can put on them).

Reactions: ESCAP0
1 - 13 of 13 Posts