FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From another thread:

Jonas said:
I just got my new Black PS90 TR in from Tanner's and I love it! I been wanting one of these ever since SG1 ditched the MP5s, and when I saw the great price at Tanner's I couldn't resist.

<snip>

Only down side I've found is when I mounted my Eotech 512 I notice the Eotech is so fat that it overlaps the two side rails, rendering them unusable. :( Oh well.
Any of you who have a similar setup have this problem? This is the exact setup I am planning on using, but I will have the extended side rails from magazineparts. I'm just trying to figure out what to expect, is all. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
10 Posts
The side of the Eotech on mine almost touches the top of the stock side rails, and it is too close for me to run the M6 light which requires very little space.

I'm thinking if the full length rails stick out farther than stock that might give more room for it work. I may also try spacing out my rails if I can find long enough bolts.

I love the fit and function of the Eotch on the top rail, but it would be great to gain back use of the side rails.

I am interested in hearing other opinions on this.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am very interested in using my side rails. I plan on having some sort of LED flashlight on one side and a laser on the other. Not being able to use them would be bad news for my plans. :(

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
FSCJedi said:
I am very interested in using my side rails. I plan on having some sort of LED flashlight on one side and a laser on the other. Not being able to use them would be bad news for my plans. :(
U have a TR too? I forget?

If U have a standard PS90 with your own rails, this is not an issue - as I have an Eotech on mine.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, I bought a TR. I don't have it yet, but am paying on it from Tanners. I really wanted to buy an Eotech because I like the wild field of view and quick sight acquisition, but I really want to be able to use my extended side rails.

·
Registered
43 Posts
So will an Eotech work with the TR's side rails?

Is there an 3rd party side rail that will clear the Eotech's installation?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Its hard to tell from the magazine parts' pictures, but do the magazine parts' rails stick further down than the stock TR side rails? Or you would just stick our accessories further front or back on the side rails so that it clears the Eotech.

M1P90 said:
:)
See post 1. Magazineparts.com sells them.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
I almost got one of those angle things to mount a laser behind or in front of my eotech - but I figured it wouldn't work for what I wanted - for the triple rail - they would probably solve U're problem - however, I'd start with the Magazine Parts extended rails - or e-mail them and ask. That would look better.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So... has anyone with a TR and EOTech tried the extended rails yet to see if they work? I know someone has to have a similar setup... :?

·
Registered
70 Posts
I may also try spacing out my rails if I can find long enough bolts.
Anyone know the threading of the screw holes on the receiver? I'm assuming it's a metric threading.
I'll answer my own question....I checked the threading using a thread pitch gauge and then a die from a tap and die set, using the screw from one of my newly purchased rails.

The screw is a metric threaded ( 5 x 0.8 ) screw. Length I didn't measure, but that would be subjective depending on how far you need to space out your rails.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
FSCJedi said:
So... has anyone with a TR and EOTech tried the extended rails yet to see if they work? I know someone has to have a similar setup... :?
So I'm guessing the answer is "no"? :( :-?

·
Registered
3 Posts
FSCJedi said:
FSCJedi said:
So I'm guessing the answer is "no"? :( :-?
I just got my EOtech 512 from Budsgunshop and I'm waiting for the extended side rail from magazineparts.com. Since I have the Streamlight TLR-1, it will not attach due to the EOtech being so wide. I will post pictures once I get the extended side rails.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Steve625 said:
I just got my EOtech 512 from Budsgunshop and I'm waiting for the extended side rail from magazineparts.com. Since I have the Streamlight TLR-1, it will not attach due to the EOtech being so wide. I will post pictures once I get the extended side rails.
I also have a 512 but a TLR-2. I had to move the 512 about 4 positions aft to clear the TLR-2 with the stock side rail. I'm planning on getting a magnifier, so I'm very interested if you'll be able to move the 512 further forward above your TLR-1. This will give me about 3 or 4 rail positions in back of the 512 to mount a magnifier.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts