FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Wow. This is awesome news! I wonder what the firing system action will be? Any word of that? And ammo is even better news! I wonder which mags they go with also? So many question lol

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
46 Posts
Heard it's based on the Clock Gen 3
Yeah. That sprang to mind when I heard the word Dagger. I hope they use another striker cocking setup tho. Glocks to me always feel like DA's because they're never fully cocked till you pull the trigger. So I hope they use a fully cocked version like SIG P320s. I like the lack of the 1911 style safeties not snagging everything like the ruger does. So this looks like a better conceal model in that aspect alone. And if they do go striker.. it will get rid of the large rear hole in slide people dislike. (It finally dawned on me why it's there too btw lol. It's so when ya slide off the slide it clears the internal hammer and allows it to clear, I've had people say it's so u can watch the hammer. That just never sounded right lol). Anyways the ruger has the same feel of a trigger since it's a sort of DAO. So we may have some potential here at first glance anyways. I wonder which mags they'll use. But I get a little excited any time I see a new 5.7mm lol.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Glad for the industry and the cartridge. The ammo production for 5.7 is what excites me more.
Much agreed. I'm curious to see if they will be making the cases in house and coated.. or if they'll be re-packing them. Either way I'm happy. As I'm not set up to reload yet anyways. But if they can do it in-house it may drive prices down for us all fast

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Much agreed. I'm curious to see if they will be making the cases in house and coated.. or if they'll be re-packing them. Either way I'm happy. As I'm not set up to reload yet anyways. But if they can do it in-house it may drive prices down for us all fast

Rumor is new production.
They've been buying up equipment left and right.

·
Premium Member
10,033 Posts
The ammo production for 5.7 is what excites me more.
Hell yeah.
The pistol looks promising, but an infusion into the 5.7 supply would be all kinds of welcome. Fingers crossed.

·
Premium Member
10,033 Posts
The ammunition manufacturing is the only thing i question! since S&B couldn’t seem too do it
True. Fiocchi barely pulls it off. Sometimes less than barely.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I myself hope they shock n awe! And give us not only hot stuff!.. but also some subs n whatnot to choose from.. shock n awe baby! 50 cents a round!.. imma start holding my breath... NOW!..

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
Also remember Elite Ammunition tried making the brass and were unsuccessful
Unsuccessful is not the right word. They were successful and produced 2 variants. They just came at the wrong time, when FN supply was cheap. Now that more 5.7 guns are in play, FN is still the sole producer of brass. if PSA sells 5.7 ammo or even brass it will sell. Vanguard Outfitters is now loading their own Brass too :)

1 - 20 of 92 Posts