FN Herstal Firearms banner
81 - 92 of 92 Posts

Registered
Well now that FNH may be releasing a new MKIII decisions are getting tougher. Wait and get the Rock threaded when it comes out or wait a bit longer for the MKIII whenever FNH releases it. Decisions, decisions.

Great review of the Rock Jay, much appreciated.

Registered
Is the Rock a Crock? Palmetto State Armory Rock 5.7x28mm

Tell me how you REALLY feel about the ruger 57!

While I plan to get a rock and some of those sweet rock mag's, I have been carrying and shooting the ruger 57 for nearly 2 years, coming from a ruger p89 for 15 years. While the ruger 57 isn't the most refined gun in the world, it has never let me down over thousands of rounds. I'm no expert, that's just my personal findings. I wanted a handgun that went with my ps90, and the FN was so much money at the time, so I went with the ruger and it has become part of me. But who knows, maybe the rock will replace the ruger.

Also Jay please make more s4 ammo.

Registered
Tell me how you REALLY feel about the ruger 57!

While I plan to get a rock and some of those sweet rock mag's, I have been carrying and shooting the ruger 57 for nearly 2 years, coming from a ruger p89 for 15 years. While the ruger 57 isn't the most refined gun in the world, it has never let me down over thousands of rounds. I'm no expert, that's just my personal findings. I wanted a handgun that went with my ps90, and the FN was so much money at the time, so I went with the ruger and it has become part of me. But who knows, maybe the rock will replace the ruger.

Also Jay please make more s4 ammo.

On that note, a member here just had their R57 frame blow apart. I won't say who I will let him do that. I understand why you went with it. Most folks don't get the reason I was so pissed in my R57 videos is I was so looking forward to expanding the 5.7 market, a market I SUPPLY. Fun fact along with the almost twenty Rugers I have, I had to actually count them I have sold a few, I also have a P89 that has been a friggin work horse. It and my Ruger American in 6.5 Grendel with in reach of my work puter.
Smile Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior Beard

We are tying to get some S4 and T6B up in the coming weeks. Supplies are a total ****e show.

Registered
On that note, a member here just had their R57 frame blow apart. I won't say who I will let him do that. I understand why you went with it. Most folks don't get the reason I was so pissed in my R57 videos is I was so looking forward to expanding the 5.7 market, a market I SUPPLY. Fun fact along with the almost twenty Rugers I have, I had to actually count them I have sold a few, I also have a P89 that has been a friggin work horse. It and my Ruger American in 6.5 Grendel with in reach of my work puter.
View attachment 165894
We are tying to get some S4 and T6B up in the coming weeks. Supplies are a total ****e show.
I have never heard of a R57 suffering a catastrophic failure like that, I will be looking forward to learning the circumstances of it. My ruger goes bang every time, but not like that.

I still shoot my p89 from time to time, and 9mm is considerably less expensive than 5.7 right now. But I still shoot about a box of 5.7 every other week. I may not understand you being pissed at the R57 but I do understand you're more proficient and familiar with the 5.7 and firearms in general at me, so I don't knock you for it.

I did buy the we the people holster for the R57 online, and it fits like a glove. I tried a few universals but that damned front sight caught on everything. I agree it's a bit odd, but I don't think it's bad.

I understand the frustrations with the supply chain right now, but just so you know people are excited for it. I do appreciate you putting a 1 box limit on it so idiots don't buy everything and throw it on GB.

81 - 92 of 92 Posts