FN Herstal Firearms banner

PSA ROCK 5.7

32K views 154 replies 28 participants last post by  RDTCU 
#1 ·
Looks like another option is around the corner. Looks better than FN or Ruger, with optics cut and other good features.
If FN wants to keep a civi segment in the US they need to update, IMO.
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Composite material

Plus PSA has announced their own branded 5.7 ammo.
More details should come out at SHOT.

See less See more
#4 ·
Yeah. That sprang to mind when I heard the word Dagger. I hope they use another striker cocking setup tho. Glocks to me always feel like DA's because they're never fully cocked till you pull the trigger. So I hope they use a fully cocked version like SIG P320s. I like the lack of the 1911 style safeties not snagging everything like the ruger does. So this looks like a better conceal model in that aspect alone. And if they do go striker.. it will get rid of the large rear hole in slide people dislike. (It finally dawned on me why it's there too btw lol. It's so when ya slide off the slide it clears the internal hammer and allows it to clear, I've had people say it's so u can watch the hammer. That just never sounded right lol). Anyways the ruger has the same feel of a trigger since it's a sort of DAO. So we may have some potential here at first glance anyways. I wonder which mags they'll use. But I get a little excited any time I see a new 5.7mm lol.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

#6 ·
Much agreed. I'm curious to see if they will be making the cases in house and coated.. or if they'll be re-packing them. Either way I'm happy. As I'm not set up to reload yet anyways. But if they can do it in-house it may drive prices down for us all fast

#26 ·
looks like a fluted barrel and since it's threaded 1/2x28 (assuming) it'll be a bit heavier than the FN is for sure. Looks nice overall but I've never been a fan of the safety on the trigger, just not my thing. With 4 FN's and plenty of spare mags I don't think it's the right gun for me but being optic cut does have a certain draw for me for longer range precision. Have to see one in person and try the grip and trigger out when they are released. Maybe one oddball in the stable wouldn't be a bad thing.

#28 ·
So far all I've seen says the trigger isn't the same. Hopefully the dingus is something that can be removed. But I saw a little video discussing it this morning as I got dressed from SHOT and although they didn't say what kind it was they did praise how well it worked lol. So I guess time will tell

#36 ·
Has the specification for 5.7x28NATO (or whatever they will/do call it) been released? Curious if it mentions the coating

#46 ·
I'd argue the FiveSeveN isn't out of date, other companies are just finally catching up to a gun that was well ahead of its time. Still shoots great, carries far lighter than any other full size handgun and still has the capacity edge at 20+1 (although in recent years that's becoming less and less). Outside of optic ready slide there's not a whole lot you could update.

#48 · (Edited)
I think you dismiss optic ready slide too easily.
It's been the major industry trend for many years now and FN hasn't kept up.
It's reached the sub-$500 level of handguns while FN is still at $1100+ without it. It makes a much bigger difference to the shooting experience than a few more rounds (dictated more by the caliber) or few less ounces.
Glock, S&W are OR on almost all models.
Sig even got into the optics business to catch the wave. And there's a 21 rd P320 9mm mag.
The industry has not just caught up but left FN in the dust lol.

#49 ·
I don't dismiss the optic cut slides, they are great for some and not so much for others (I fall into the later category). I'm far faster and more accurate with open sights in "combat shooting" scenarios than with an optic. Now sitting still doing precision shooting the optic is superior hands down.

Just as with all other guns, money isn't everything. There are $200 9mm pistols and there are $1500 9mm pistols and just because one is cheaper doesn't make it the equal of the other.

I admitted new designs are getting close or equal to the 20 round magazine but as far as I know there is NOTHING in the 5.7 weight class when fully loaded for carrying. Even my P365X with a 14 round loaded magazine is 1oz heavier than the 5.7. Outside of large bore hunting handguns in the woods, who wants to carry around a full size 9mm(example) with 20+ rounds all day....and that doesn't even count carrying spare mags.

I do look forward to seeing/feeling/trying out the new PSA offering. If the trigger is good and the fit in my hand is good I'll probably get one solely for a more precise small game handgun. Put an optic and suppressor on it and it should make a great mid range varmit handgun.