FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I never owned a single firearm before in my life not even a pistol, purchased a SCAR 16 around $2400 blue label. At first I was doing research for the best AR15 until one my friends mentioned if I wanted the best of best buy a SCAR 16/17. After doing research it was designed for SEALs/SF. After taking it to the range I have to say my God the SCARs do live up to their street reputation. Compared to a m4 I felt hardly any recoil, even shot it like a pistol and the feel of holding it was almost like a airsoft gun. Every of my dollar was well spent to my satisfaction. Taking it apart was simple and fast, I have to say SCAR design has a similar platform as a SAW but smaller. I was so satisfied with FNH product since I have little brother that I'm working on getting big brother SCAR 17. I plan to do some hog hunting with the 16, once I get video and some pics I'll post it :)

·
Premium Member
9,527 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on a damn fine choice.

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
Nice job. It's not often one gets to start at the top of the mountain. You will love the 17 as much if not more.

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
Congrats on your SCAR 16-great place to start! I started with the 17 myself and loved it so much I had to buy a 16 also-bet the same will happen to you.

Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Welcome! I agree with your comment about the SCAR's trigger mech bearing a resemblance to the M249. Now get out there and shoot that puppy!

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Congratulations on spending wisely on your 1st and the best out there. Just feels better and balanced over the rest. Start looking for your 17 now (ha). And welcome.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Excellent choice. As Jeff Quin posted about the SCAR, "You never regret buying the best."

I know I haven't regretted getting a SCAR 16.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Sounds exactly like my story - I was looking for a AR at the LGS and I saw the 16s sitting there. I did more drooling rather than research over it. I looked at the guy behind the counter, and told him that I would be back for it the next day. He laughed, and said, "yeah, ok!"

I came back the very next day with cash in hand. I told him to order me a 17s however, and when he asked why the .308 over the 5.56 I stated -

"So If someone is hiding behind a brick wall, I can punch through it quickly"

The rest is history. Congrats on your first rifle purchase. Be warned, it gets addicting very quickly.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Congrats on a FN'ng awesome firearm! Enjoy it!

·
Registered
820 Posts
Cool......great testimonial....and comparative testing proving that scars are becoming the primary choice; a long as you don't sleep with an M-4.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts