FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When purchasing guns from a user on the site. He doesn’t feel comfortable using PayPal, and prefers a US Postal Money Order which in my experience of buying other items online it’s usually a big no to send any money orders. I know this situation is different since PayPal doesn’t like firearms. What’s everyone’s opinion? Any other ways to protect myself to make sure I get the firearm I’m purchasing and don’t get scammed? No disrespect to the seller, just want to protect myself.

·
Premium Member
9,207 Posts
You must also consider the new law just passed where any sale or purchase over $600 is now reported to the IRS. I've sent USPS MO's before with no issues however those were on GB dealing with sellers who had excellent feedback. Hard to say in this new world we live in. I would request verifiable positive feedback from other sources before I made any purchase. If you are uncomfortable for any reason don't buy or sell until you are. YMMV

·
Administrator
12,259 Posts
Some people don't like PayPal and refuse to use it. It does not mean the deal is sour though. You have the option of FFL to FFL transfer where the money is held by the FFL until the firearm is surrendered to them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts