FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went on base today an guess what I saw, Yep a SCAR 16 Standard. The guy said that it was shipped to them by mistake and the are waiting to see if they can sell it or not. If they can....

The price...........................$2475.00 OTD

I have to admit it's a nice rifle, but I still wouldn't pay that much money for a semi auto 5.56 weapon. Thats just me.

·
Registered
362 Posts
So where is it at? Must...buy...rifle...

·
Premium Member
25,418 Posts
devildoc,
They're waiting to see if they can sell it? I don't get it. Is this the machine gun, or the civvy semi-auto. You mention "on base" I presume you speak of a military base. If I'm understanding you, that would mean there is a gun shop on U.S. military property. Or do you mean in the base area?

Anyway, How's about giving some of the group members a shot at it and posting the contact info for them. I'm sure there's more than one man on the forum that would lurch over his first born to get at that SCAR, if it's a semi-auto unit.
:eek: PEACE THROUGH STRENGTH

·
Banned
18 Posts
SgtStrykerUSMC43 said:
If I'm understanding you, that would mean there is a gun shop on U.S. military property. Or do you mean in the base area?
Some bases do. Eglin AFB has a gun dealer in the BX, for example

·
Registered
99 Posts
SgtStrykerUSMC43 said:
Anyway, How's about giving some of the group members a shot at it and posting the contact info for them. I'm sure there's more than one man on the forum that would lurch over his first born to get at that SCAR, if it's a semi-auto unit.
:eek: PEACE THROUGH STRENGTH
Agreed. You should give the info to someone who wants one if you do not. Nothing lost or gained by not giving up the location. :eek:

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry for not responding right away. Here are some answers to your questions.

Yes, Camp Lejeune Marine Corp Base has a gun shop. Lots of guns usually.

The Shop on base usually has alot of FN products. Both in the shop and in the hands of the Marines if you know what I mean. FYI, MARSOC is on Camp Lejeune.

As to why theycan't sell it YET. It was shipped to them by accident. QUANTICO, Va does the buying of MWR (civilian) guns for Marine bases. Sometimes things get mixed up and lejeune got one shipped to them.

It was not Full Auto. Civilian version.

Lastly, several high ranking "O's" are aware that it is there, so good luck beating them to the punch.

Hope this answered your questions.

·
Banned
78 Posts
I'm not affiliated with the Marine Corps but I can only imagine how much most Marines would drool over that SCAR and scrape up every penny they have to buy it. Any good tactical gun on a Marine/Army base is going to have lots of prospective buyers. Lots of military guys are also gun guys I would imagine.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I was a Marine on Lejeune, and i know that gunstore its very very good. they ussaly sell stuff like the barret 6.8, the sig 556, m1A's and they have a whole line of trp 1911's very good store and i agree if i was there and saw it for 2400 id buy it on the spot because i just payed 6000 for mine and i think it was worth every penny lol.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts